14

"I can't believe you." Virgil laughed softly as he walked back towards his room, roman trailing beside him happily. "Logan almost had a fit."

'Logan's just lucky I didn't have one.' Roman grumbled softly as he moved a bit closer to Virgil. 'I was about ready to claw his eyes out for talking to you like that.'

"I'm happy Patton was there. Out of everyone Patton would've understood... and he did. Although... I wonder if Roman likes cats." Roman cringed as he rolled his eyes and growled.

'Not. Particularly.'  Roman sighed as he looked up at Virgil before smiling at how bright the other's eyes seemed to be shining. 'But... being one and... being cared for as one... IS making me start to come around a bit. I guess cats can't be THAT bad if someone like you could love them so much.'

"I know he can summon puppies but..."

'Oh, I can summon anything. I just choose dogs because of Patton.' Roman smiled as he chirped a bit catching Virgil's eyes who paused with a confused frown. Roman quickly ran out in front of him wagging his tail excitedly. 

"You don't want to go back to the room do you?" Roman shook his head as he rubbed his head against Virgil's leg before shaking and purring lightly. "Well, I really don't want to go back out there." Roman frowned as Virgil groaned and raked a hand through his hair. "Would taking you outside be a bad thing? Would you run off... Most cats would and..." Roman wrapped his tail around the other's leg as he stared into Virgil's eyes making the other smile softly. "You won't leave me will you?"

'Not on my life, Anx.' Roman rubbed his head against the other making Virgil giggle softly with a nod.

"You sure do like bunting me." Roman quirked a brow as Virgil bent down to pet him a bit. "I'm just glad you love me so much."

'I what now...'  Roman's eyes went wide as Virgil smiled, even more, making him melt. 'I, uh... oh.' Roman couldn't help but purr as his eyes slipped shut loving the feeling of Virgil petting him. It wasn't long before Virgil picked him up and Roman just mewled softly before nuzzling into him. He pressed his face into Virgil's shoulder as he kneaded his hoodie purring loudly in Virgil's arms.

"I love you too, Sugarpea." Roman gave a soft purring meow as he kitten licked Virgil's shoulder before returning back to kneading making Virgil melt slightly at the affection. "Come on. I think you've been held up in that room a bit too long huh."

'As long as I'm with you, I really don't care where we are, Anxiety.'  Virgil carefully carried him out to the garden, only stopping for a second to grab several toys to bring out with them. Once Virgil brought them to a clearing he scattered the toys around and set Roman down beside him. Roman glanced up at Virgil before running off through the grass making Virgil laugh once again at the hyper energy the other had.

Virgil smiled as he laid down in the grass and just sighed listening to the little meows that Roman made as he traversed the clearing. It wasn't long before the calm of everything lulled the man to a light sleep-ish state. Roman was having fun.

'You can't hide from me!' Roman giggled as he ducked down into the grass hiding himself as he stalked closer to his prey. His eyes dilated as he shifted his shoulders and twitched his tail in excitement. 'I'll catch you. I'm the great Prince Roman!' Roman pounced forward catching one of his toys as he tumbled and rolled with a growl, biting it roughly before jumping up and running off again. He walked over to Virgil, tilting his head abit, as he placed the toy at his feet and smiling. He could tell Virgil was napping and with all the nightmares the man gets he could use the rest. So he just turned around and went back to his super special mission. He had to protect the great Anxiety from all the dastardly villains come to hurt him.

'I'll protect him.'  Roman smirked as he caught sight of the mouse king hiding in the greenery. No way was Roman just going to let that evil rodent come anywhere near the great Anxiety. 'HAVE AT THE FOUL FIEND!' Roman cried out as he jumped in dug his claws into his mouse toy until he was certain it was dead and wasn't going to come after Virgil once he turned around. 'Anx, I got another one!'  Roman beamed as he placed another over by Virgil's feet. 'Don't you worry, kind sir! I'll keep watch and keep all those nasties away!'

'ALAS, ANOTHER!' Roman laughed as he dropped down into an attack position. He caught the glimmer of a sparkle ball. He squared himself up before running after it. His claw caught it making it get stuck on his paw. He screeched playfully as he waved his paw around in mock horror. "Oh no! It's got me. The dreaded ball of DOOM's got me. ANXIETY! ANXIETY HELP!" Roman rolled around still trying to unlatch the toy before it finally fell to the ground letting Roman bite it happily. 'Got it!'

'I've caught another one, Anx! Are you proud of me? No mean old baddies are gonna bother you!" Roman placed it with the other two before immediately jumping around with a glint in his eyes. 'Just one left!' Roman glanced around as he walked through the grass, keeping his eyes peeled for the traitor Mr. Whiskers. How dare he betray the great Anxiety?! Roman was sure to make him pay and bring him back to Virgil for a righteous punishment. 'Where are you Mr. Whiskers? You can't hide from... there!" Roman tumbled in growling loudly as he bit down on the miniature cat's neck, kicking his back legs frantically as he squirmed in the 'fight'. Obviously the traitor was no match for the Prince who strutted proudly back over to Virgil with his latest and last catch. 'Anxiety!'  Roman smiled as he jumped up onto the other who frowned slightly in confusion, peaking an eye only to smile as Roman pet Mr. Whiskers fall onto his chest. 'I did it. You're safe once again!'

"Did you bring me..." Virgil's eyes went wide as he sat up finding ALL the toys right next to him and he laughed. "You are too kind, You're majesty. Gifting but a lowly peasant such as my self your kills... well, you humble me." Roman giggled as he spun around grabbing the mouse toy before dropping it even close to Virgil. 

'You're no lowly peasant Anxiety. I'm but your knight sworn to keep you safe.' Roman jumped putting himself back into an attack position as he growled protectively. 'No one threatens the Great Anxiety!'

"Well then..." Virgil hummed as he picked the toys up making Roman's eyes go wide with a smile. "I'll gladly accept your gifts." Roman purred loudly as he rubbed against him making Virgil roll his eyes playfully. "Come on, King. I think I've been in the sun long enough."