33

"Roman?" Things weren't going so well. "Come on, Kiddo. Eat? Please?" His mind felt hazed out... unfocused. "Roman, I... I must admit that I'm started to get a bit concerned over your state of health." Half the time Roman didn't even know where he was let alone... what was going on. He just laid there exhausted... drained. "Roman, please?" 

"Brother?" Roman's eyes snapped up, having shifted to a human just to try to get some strength up. Remus was knelt down with this sad look in his eyes as Roman frowned in confusion. "Roman? Somethings... something's wrong." Roman didn't speak he just looked away which of course made Remus even more worried. He looked over at the door knowing full well Virgil wouldn't want to deal with this right now. "Come on, brother. You can bitch me out in your room." Roman hissed violently making Remus have to pull his hand back at the sudden aggressive look in his twin's eyes.

"Don't fucking touch me." Roman's voice came out more like a growl as he just sat there with narrowed eyes. "Not moving. Can't... Can't move."

"Roman, something is wrong." Remus sighed as he glanced down seeing the small little kitten pawing frantically at Roman's leg, who didn't even seem to pay her any mind. "I get it... I fucked up. I do that. All I knew was you were hurting him and I took it upon myself like I always do. The point is... You can yell at me... fucking hit me. I don't care... But this sitting around doing nothing while you waste away isn't helping shit." Remus was tense. His brother just stared off at nothing, eyes glassed and... and not looking right at all. Something was going on with him. He could feel it and he didn't like it at all. "Roman... Even Deceit is worried. Literally ran me up a wall telling me to fix my mess."

"Mess?" Roman's eyes twitched as they narrowed in thought. "Mess... What... what mess? Why... Wait..." Roman frowned as he looked up and Remus could see the daze starting to dissipate. "The fuck are you even doing here. You're lucky I don't run you through."

"There's my brother." Roman glared over at the other as Remus just held his hand out, noticing how Roman didn't hiss this time but just stared at it angrily. "Please, Roman. You need to get off the floor. Just for a little while."

"I don't want to move. Especially not for you." Remus faltered as Roman just shook his head. "I can't leave him. I can't."

"Roman..." Romans eyes started to daze out again scaring Remus who was not enjoying this at all. "ROMAN?!"

"I'm tired." Roman shuddered as his form wavered a bit in warning. "I'm really tired, Ray."

"So... Let's get you into bed so you can rest."

"I've been sleeping." Roman whined as he gripped his shirt a bit. "I've... I think I've been sleeping." Roman's eyes slipped shut as he let out a shaky breath. "I just want... to talk to him. I need... to explain. But... I'm so tired." Roman whimpered as his body curled into himself. "I don't... I don't want him to be mad. I just... I have to... explain. I... I didn't mean..." Remus swallowed his guilt as he watched his brother shift finding himself staring at a very small and pained cat. Roman whined as Nyxie cautiously nudged him. She curled up into him only to purr as Roman started to groom her. It helped calm them both down.

"Roman, I... I'm sorry." Remus stood up and groaned as he forced himself over to Virgil's door. He didn't have a choice. If he returned without at least trying to do something, Janus might very well kill him. "Anx?" Remus frowned as Roman didn't even look up at the name. He just stayed all curled up with Nyxie. "Damn it, Emo. Open the door?"

"Go away, Remus." Remus scoffed as he teleported in making Virgil jump. "GO AWAY!"

"I can't do that." Virgil waved him off as he walked back over to his bed wanting to just ignore him entirely. "Virgil... You can't... Fuck, I can't believe I'm doing this. You need to talk to Roman."

"No. What I need is time to breathe." Virgil growled as he tried to roll over only to jump seeing Remus right there, having teleported over to him. "REMUS!"

"When I told you he was the cat... SUPRISE!" Remus gestured as if he fired confetti and just giggled. "I didn't think anything through. Yay! The rat-man proves once again that he's chaotic and doesn't have a brain." The smile fell instantly as Virgil just looked away. "Look, Emo. I just wanted him to stop lying to you. I didn't expect it to screw everything up so badly. I couldn't care less who the fuck my brother decides to fuck."

"Remus!"

"The point it, Virgil..." Remus cut back in as Virgil went to roll away again. "You're hurting. I know that. He's hurting and I know you know that... but... I can't... From what I at least overheard of a convo Lo and Jan had once... You'll never understand and learn to forgive if you don't talk about it."

"I need time."

"How much more time is needed then, Virgil?" Virgil jumped as Remus teleported again so that they were facing each other. "A day, a week... A year? How much longer are you going to just let him sit out there waiting for you?"

"IF HE STOPPED WAITING AND JUST LET ME THINK IT WOULD HAVE BEEN FINE!" Remus reared back as the shadows all lashed out about the place. Virgil gasped as he tried to reign himself in. "I need time to breathe. I need time to think ON MY OWN. I can't do that with him out there. I'm far too fucking worried about him to even TRY to focus on myself and that right there is the problem!" Virgil crashed as he shook his head and shrugged. "I just need time alone."

"Talk to him first, Virgil." Remus spoke in such a tone Virgil was honestly surprised. It was something he never thought possible for Remus... and for a second there he almost thought it was Roman. "Talk to him first. Get his side of the story... then think about everything. You won't ever know what ur forgiving... If you don't know the whole story."