4

"Come on, Sugarpea." Virgil whispered calmly as he set down a clean bowl of water. "It's been several days, now. Are you still not comfortable with me?" Virgil smiled as he sat down on the floor against the bed. He's been doing this for as long as he was in the room. Where ever the cat, Roman, was hiding he'd just sit there and wait. "That's ok. I'm not going to push you."

Roman's eyes narrowed as he heard the sound of a phone click on. He glanced around him and huffed. He's been stuck in this room now for days... as a cat. This wasn't fair. He was a prince. A prince isn't helpless. A prince isn't supposed to be dainty, no offense to Disney but you need to get a bit more muscle. Roman just laid there glowering over at the anxious side who wasn't really doing anything at all. 

He could hear Virgil giggling softly every few seconds which made him very confused. This had to be an act right? It had to be. Virgil was dark, dastardly... a villain. Yet he's been acting nothing but soft and... Roman was highly confused. His eyes met with the bowl and he whined. He was thirsty but drinking it meant going out there and he really didn't want to leave the safety of the bed. Going out there met facing Anxiety. He didn't want that. 

'If you touch me... I'm going to bite you.'  Roman crouched as low as he could get his tail flicking slightly before curling up underneath him. He had to drink but he didn't want to be touched. His eyes instantly darted over to Virgil who just sitting there on his phone. He paused, ready to run right back under the bed if he had to, but Virgil didn't even look over at him. He frowned as he slowly but surely made his way over the dish, growling possessively and protectively with every sip he took, warning Virgil not to come near him. 

"There you go, Sugarpea. You're ok." Roman hesitated eyes meeting up with those bright blue ones and he tensed. "I won't touch you." Virgil simply turned back to his phone making Roman narrow his eyes in confusion. Eventually, he went back to sipping his drink. That was until there was a knock on the door and Roman booked it back under the bed. Virgil sighed as he slowly pushed himself up and dusted his pants off with a slight scowl. "Great... Yeah?" Virgil creaked the door open to find Logan standing there and he tensed. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing is wrong. It was simply brought to my attention that you were the reason Thomas went out the other day." Roman's ears perked up as he slowly made his way to the edge of the bed and just stared over at the anxious one. "I was wondering if there was any particular reason as it went completely against what you usually strive for."

"And what would that be exactly?" Roman's eyes narrowed as he spotted how Virgil gripped the door tightly.

"You are adamantly against Thomas doing anything really. As you have proven time and time again that you do not agree with anything we have to say over his well-being. You're repetitively against us... Yet you assisted in getting Thomas out as Roman requested."

"I don't know what you're talking about. All I did was kept Thomas from changes his mind and possibly losing a friend because of it." Virgil glared over at the logical one as he scoffed. "Besides, it's not my fault if Princey wasn't there. I haven't seen him since the fight. Maybe if he actually answered his door..."

"Now, don't you start trying to pick another fight. Roman isn't even here to back himself up."

"I wasn't." Virgil grumbled as he rolled his eyes. "I didn't... I didn't mean it to sound like that. I'm actually... kind of worried. It's been several days."

"Roman's fine."

"And how would you know..." Logan held his hand up cutting Virgil off who just frowned with nervous energy. 

"We all are linked to the mainframe, Anxiety. If Roman was in any physical danger it there would have been an alarm. There was a blip several days prior but nothing happened after so I can ascertain that Roman got out of whatever it was that caused it. He's fine... just sulking no doubt." Virgil frowned as he shook his head making Logan's eyes narrowed in thought.

"But what if he was trapped? Being held captive doesn't equal physical danger."

"He can teleport. Honestly, Anxiety, calm yourself. I only came to figure out why you had pushed for Thomas to go out like Roman had wanted in the first place. Now if you'll excuse me... I have work to do." Virgil stood there for a good second before slamming the door and just yelling out in frustration.

"Why is it always me?!" Virgil collapsed onto the floor with a huff as he just laid himself face down and sighed. "Forget it... I'm probably just overreacting. Roman can handle himself... Maybe I should've told Lo about the sword? Of course, then I'd probably get yelled at for even touching it." Virgil let his eyes slip shut as he tried to calm his breathing. "He's fine. Roman's fine. Logan's right and I'm just being paranoid..." There was a soft meow that caught his attention, making him open his eyes again to find the cat giving him this near confused look. "Hey there, small fry." Roman frowned as Virgil slowly pushed himself up and shook his head. "Sorry about that. I actually forgot you were in here. I hope I didn't scare you." Roman carefully made his way to the door scratching at it and making Virgil frown. "I'm sorry, I can't let you out." Virgil sighed as he stood up and moved over to sit on his bed. "I would but... Patton's allergic to cats and Logan would make me take you back outside. I'm sorry." Roman whined as he turned back to see Virgil laying down again this time just staring at the wall with this far away look in his eyes. 

'Anxiety?' Roman was taken back by how out of it the other looked. He made a soft meow sound, making Virgil chuckle softly as he closed his eyes. 'I guess you're going to sleep then.'  Roman groaned as he glanced over to the door and sighed. 'I have to get out of here.'