39

"Thomas?" Patton stood there in the doorway of his host's bedroom with a concerned frown. "Kiddo?"

"Who's ther... Oh." Thomas just stared over at him without the slightest inkling of emotion on his face. "Patton. I thought you were some kind of intruder."

"Intruder... Kiddo. If you thought that why didn't you do anything?" Thomas's eyes narrowed slightly before he just shrugged. Patton sighed as he walked farther in and smiled softly. He was getting really concerned. "Thomas? Why don't you get out of bed, Kiddo?"

"Nah." Patton's eyes flashed as Thomas just snuggled further into his blankets. "Don't want to."

"It's nearly 3 in the afternoon."

"So?" Thomas stared at the wall blankly as Patton clenched his fists to hold back his own anxiety. "I just don't see a point."

"Thomas, you have to get up kiddo."

"I don't want to. There's no reason to." Patton's eyes narrowed as Thomas just gave the father figure a confused look. "Why should I get up if there's no point to?"

"Because... because... Uh..." Patton was frantic. He was trying to think of something that would jump-start the poor guy but Thomas just rolled his eyes and looked away again. "Thomas, get up."

"Morality, I have no will to." Thomas groaned as he laid there, eyes dazed and dull. "There is no reason to get up. So I'm just going to lay here thank you."

"What about your health?" Patton yelled out grasping at straws as his panic drowned him. "You have to eat... drink... Come one kiddo. I bet you could use a shower too. If you sleep the day away you'll only end up getting si..."

"I don't want to eat, Patton. What's the point?" Patton's heart just shattered as Thomas's eyes darkened. "I just... I don't see a reason to do... anything."

"Aren't you worried about why?" Patton had a feeling it was because of Roman but... 

"Nope." That didn't explain him not caring. Patton was beyond worried at this point. Thomas let out a very tired laugh as he glanced over at the breaking father. "Should I be worried. I just don't feel like doing anything. I'm sure it's fine. Just... a lack of motivation."

"Normally you would be freaking out." Thomas giggled as he snuggled into his pillow.

"I sound like a downer. Why freak out when I could sleep instead. Good night morality."

"It's 3 in the afternoon." Patton sighed as Thomas just laid there, eyes closed and falling asleep. This wasn't good at all. He ducked down the second he could. He'd have enough of this. They need to figure out a way to... 

Patton froze like ice seeing the blank wall that once held Virgil's door. His whole body turned to ice at the realization of what had happened. Both his sons... Both of them had given up and left. 

"LOGAN!" Patton yelled out the house shaking under the massive pressure his emotions just let out. It didn't take long at all for his boyfriend to slide into the hall, out of breath and worried beyond belief. "Logan, it's gone."

"Patton? What..." Logan's eyes narrowed as looked over at the wall. His face held no reaction but Patton could feel the pain that tore through the other. "Anxiety?" Patton's eyes feel as Logan sighed. "I... I don't... I don't know what to do, Hun."

"We have to get them back."

"Anxiety won't listen to any of us." Patton's eyes shined as he suddenly snapped and the two of them found themself in the dark part of the castle. Logan's eyes went wide as Patton just took his hand as started for the livingroom. Remus was giggling away as he painted. He was using alot of red but Janus just sat there on the couch watching with a fond smile.

"That looks good, Ray." Remus beamed as he slashed some red onto the page before actually grabbing a brush to start adding some yellows, blacks, and oranges. 

"Deceit." The room went quiet as the two darksiders jumped up in shock. Patton just smiled sadly, tears in his eyes, that made Janus's go wide in understanding.

"What happened to Anx?"

"Emo?" Remus whispered as Janus just nodded.

"Morality?" Janus repeated his eyes glowing a subtle yellow. "What happened to Anx?"

"We don't know." Logan cut in makign Janus frown. "His door is gone."

"He cut his connection? Why would he..." Janus froze as his eyes darted to Remus, who flinched as ran behind Patton for protection like a child running from punishment from their parent. "Remus, what happened?"

"I... I didn't... I didn't mean fuck things up so bad."

"REMUS!"

"ROMAN GAVE UP!" Remus yelled out causing Janus to crash. Remus's eyes flashed a bright green as he started to tear up. "He gave up, Dee. He... He went to sleep."

"And Anx?" Remus's eyes darkened as Janus just laughed. "Of course. He... You need to fix this shit with Roman." Logan and Patton both jumped as Remus simply gripped Patton's arm tighter. "You need to fix Roman, and you need to do it by... yesterday."

"He's not aware. He's asleep." Janus only glared at Remus making the younger whimper. It wasn't like remus was afraid of Janus. Remus just absolutley hated getting Janus upset. Having him upset at him was like the worst thing. "Dee?"

"Fix you're mess, Remus. You never should have mettled with them. Anx was happy and you went and fucked it up..." Remus deflated as Janus sighed and pressed two fingers into his temple. "I'm sorry it's just... your attempt at helping... made it all worse."

"The dragon witch." Everyone froze as Remus mumbled out anxiously.

"What?" Patton frowned as Remus just smiled sadly.

"If anyone can help it's Devinora... The dragon witch." Remus giggled as he ran his hand through his hair. "She's a bit of a chaotic nuetral like me. She only really doesn't like Roman because of King. It sould be ok though. If... If I try to talk her into it."

"But the dragon witch isn't real..." Remus shot a glare over at Logan shutting him up fast as Remus growled.

"Devinora is very much real... and she's a very good friend." Remus's eyes darkened as he shrugged. "And right now she's our only hope."