22

"Princ... uh?" Virgil stood there frozen in the doorway staring over at the giant pillow fort that took up the entire room. No joke... Roman's furniture was completely gone save for a giant flat screen tv on the wall. Roman spun around finally noticing him and Virgil didn't miss how the prince literally lit up the moment he saw him. 

"ANXIETY!" He yelled out with a giggle pulling the smaller into the room as he beamed. "You're here!"

"Uh, yeah... Roman?" Virgil glanced around slightly with a curious frown. "Where's your room?" Roman just laughed as he gestured to the fort before collapsing into all the pillows he had scattered about. "Roman?"

"Why have a bed with this is far more comfortable?" Roman chuckled as he held his hands out for the other. "It's just for tonight. We're watching a movie right?" Virgil nodded as he hesitantly let his fingers brush against Roman's. Suddenly he found himself in Roman's arms flush against his chest as Roman held him tight. "You don't have to be worried, Anx. It's just me." Virgil frowned as he pushed away a bit to see Roman smiling at him. For some reason... those eyes felt so familiar. "I promise. You can relax with me."

"Easier said than..." Roman just smirked stopping Virgil cold with this glimmer in his eyes.

"I know, Anx. I'm not saying it to pressure you. I'm not saying it to make it feel as though you MUST relax. I'm saying it to reassure you. You don't HAVE to do a thing." Virgil's confusion only grew as Roman laid down again and pushed himself into the other with a slight sigh.

"Did something happen again?" Roman frowned as his eyes darted up with this confused look. Virgil just tensed with anxiety over saying something wrong. "I mean... Well, you... You're all... uh... I mean..." Virgil whined feeling his anxiety burn through him and Roman's eyes shined knowingly. 

"Nothing happened, Anx. I just... I like contact... f-from... well no actually. It's complicated." Roman pulled away and got up with a stretch as Virgil just sat there a bit stunned. "I can stop tho. Just tell me when to leave you alone and... and I will." Virgil could see how hard it was for Roman to say that as this spark of fear filled the air from the prince. "You're the boss, Hoss. Got it?"

"Yeah... I think so."

"Good." Roman giggled as he jumped over to the tv, stumbling on the pillows as he tried to safely make it over to the tv. Virgil just sat there with this curious look in his eyes. He watched as Roman searched around. It was kinda funny. Roman was frantically moving about looking for what the smaller assumed was the movie. He looked like a cat trying to find their toy they had tossed in a random direction. Suddenly, Roman froze. His eyes darted over to the wall and Virgil laughed at the look the prince had. "Did I just hear a knock?"

"What?" Roman frowned as he glanced over at the door with a tilt of his head. "I didn't hear a thing."

"I thought I heard a knock. I'm confused." Roman slowly walked over to the door. He opened it up and frowned even more about it being empty. "That makes no sense. I mean... We're in my room. So if someone had knocked on MY door, I wouldn't have been the only one to hear..." Virgil's eyes filled with confusion as Roman just froze stiff. "Hey uh... Anx? Give me a sec ok?"

"Uh... Yeah sure." Roman smiled as he walked off leaving him just sitting there in the mess of pillows. 

"Pat?" Patton froze up instantly as he looked over to see Roman there with this confused look. "Why are you knocking on Anxiety's door?"

"No reason. I was just a bit concerned. I hadn't seen him in a while. I was checking up." Patton knocked on Virgil's door again only to frown seeing Roman wince and rub his temple. "Kiddo? You on there?"

"Reverb... echoed sound... sucks." Patton went to knock again only for Roman to grab his hand to stop him. "Please don't."

"Roman?" Roman sighed as he shook his head.

"Apparently the...  always hearing your knocks... also transferred to Anxiety's door." Patton's eyes shot wide in awe as Roman grimaced a bit at the headache. "So you knocking... when I'm right here... It creates a reverbs."

"I'm sorry kiddo. I didn't realize you were also... wait. Do you think this has something to do with you being..." Roman's eyes dulled as the realization burned through him. "I mean... you're never in your room much anymore."

"I don't... uh... Don't worry about it right now Pat." Roman went to leave only to pause and sigh. "He's in my room by the way... if you really want to check on him." Patton's eyes lit up as Roman smiled. "We're having a movie night."

"Oh! Ok. I won't bother you any more than kiddo. You two enjoy yourselves." Patton giggled as he lightly brushed Roman's hair back making the other tense a bit at the contact. "You look like you could use some time with him."

"Pat..."

"Come talk with me when you need to, ok kiddo." Roman smiled as he nodded letting Patton walk off to where ever. He just laughed as he walked back to his room only to stop short seeing Virgil cuddled up in all the pillows, this gleaming smile on his face, as the sound of the movie started about them. "Hey!" Roman teased lightly making Virgil jump suddenly. "You didn't wait for me."

"I didn't... I mean... It started... I, uh..." Virgil let out a deep breath as Roman sat down beside him. His eyes narrowed in thought as he weighed through his options. Roman was just sitting there staring at the tv watching as the song this is Halloween filled the air. Virgil smiled as he leaned his head against Roman, who without even thinking, wrapped his arm around the smaller pulling him closer. "It started on its own. I just put it in for you."

"Well, thanks for finding it." Roman lulled as he leaned into the other himself basking in the embrace he was only half-conscious about. Virgil laughed as the two just laid there in the pillows staring up at the tv. "Thanks, Anxiety."

"What for?" Roman's eyes shined as he glanced over and pressed his lips into the other's hair, not for a kiss but just to embrace. Virgil's eyes went wide as Roman took a deep calming breath. "Ro?"

"For just being you." Roman's eyes slipped just as he melted into everything. "For not pushing me away."