17

"King?" Virgil giggled as he sat there holding a very special treat that Patton managed to pick up for him. Virgil was ecstatic. He'd been wanting to get some for Roman for like... ever but never got the chance. Now that he had it he was not going to let it go to waste. "King?" He sang happily making Roman's head quirk up instantly. He smiled as held his hand out and watched as king tottled over to him from his castle. Roman rubbed up against him purring lightly before sitting with this look in his eyes and blinking slowly. "Yes. Yes. I love you too, King." Virgil laughed as he shook his hand and sighed. "That's why I got you a treat." Roman's ears perk up as Virgil giggled. "Well, Patton did but I'm gonna give it to you ok?"

'A treat? What kind of...' Roman's eyes went wide as Virgil pulled out this small bag from behind his back. Catnip... 'Oh, no. Not that. Anx, I told you. I'm a prince. I don't do drugs.' Virgil snapped the bag open as Roman shook his head only to freeze up at the sudden smell that filled the air. Virgil chuckled as he pinched a bit in between his fingers before limply spreading it around his floor around the cat, who's eyes dilated instantly. 'What... I...'  Roman purred as he took a deep breath and melted into the smell. 

"See? A treat." Virgil watched as Roman slowly leaned in smelling the herb before laying down and rolling all around in it. "I really should record this." Roman twisted and twitched as he rolled around and just covered himself head to toe in it. He stretched himself out licking the floor a bit tasting the herb before jumping up and running over to the bed. Virgil laughed as Roman attacked the pillow with blown out eyes. Roman paused for a bit giving Virgil this confused look before letting the pillow go and slowly making his way over to him... only to attack his hand. "Hey! Asshole!" Virgil laughed as Roman practically latched only to him biting his wrist as his claws attached to his hoodie. "It's a good thing I didn't take this off then, huh?" Roman rolled back with a loud meow before racing over to his castle and clawing up his tower. 

"Maybe I gave you a bit too much?" Virgil rolled his eyes playfully just watching Roman go absolutely crazy. He pulled out a small toy and tossed it onto the floor catching Roman's eyes instantly who jumped to get it, sliding passed before scratching up the floor just so he could get the toy. "Have fun, King."

"Just don't hurt yourself." Virgil lulled as Roman literally tossed the toy around before attacking it again and kicking it about. Virgil laid back with a smile just watching it all as his eyes slowly dropped. The sound of scratching feet going back and forth was actually pretty repetitive. Virgil's smile slowly turned to one of exhaustion as his eyes slipped shut completely. 

'Anxie-... Anxiety?' Roman slowed down as everything slowly started to crash around him and he frowned glancing over to see Virgil fast asleep. ' Anxiety? Why didn't you tell me you were tired?' Roman carefully hopped up onto the bed feeling fore more tired himself now that he got all that energy out. 'I sleepy too, Anxie.' Roman mewled as he curled up right next to Virgil with a smile. 'Nite nite, Love.' Roman's tired eyes went wide slightly before a bright smile formed on his lips all while his exhaustion continued to pull him under. 'I called you love. I didn't even think about it. I just did. Anxiety... I... I called you... I love... I love you.'  

Roman drifted off to sleep unable to keep his eyes open for only a second longer. His smile never left him. Not even when his body started to go rigid. His smile never left... not even when he started to glow dimly. Energy surged through his body. Even asleep he could feel it yet he never stopped smiling. He couldn't. He just realized just why he was so attached to the man. He had fallen for his soft nature. He had fallen for the 'real' Virgil. He'd seen the true Anxiety under all that sass and sarcasm and he fell in love with him. 

Roman whimpered silently as his body twitched at the sudden surge of energy. He uncurled feeling his body freeze up completely unable to move or make a sound. His eyes opened slightly glancing over at Virgil before whining silently at the pain that tore through him. 

'No. No, not right now.'  Roman thought to himself as his blood started to burn. He couldn't tear his eyes away from the other sleeping peacefully beside him. 'I never... I never told him it was me. He... doesn't know.' Roman's body twitched suddenly making him fall off the bed, shockingly without making a sound. Virgil just continued to sleep. His dream was surprisingly nice despite the sense of fear his mind was picking up around him. He sighed softly in his sleep as he rolled over facing away from Roman who was literally crying at this point. His eyes flashed a bright pink as he summoned a weighted basket around the handle of the door opening it up before vanishing so that Roman had an escape. He whimpered as he looked one last time up at the bed knowing Virgil was right up there. 'I don't want things to change.' Roman cried as he teleported out before anything could happen. 'But I guess that just mean's it's my turn to not get what I want.' 

"King?" Virgil frowned as he slowly pushed himself up only half noticing the open door before rolling over and laying back down to sleep. He smiled softly as his hand draped over the edge as if expecting to feel the other rub up against him like he'd usually do. "I love you, Sugarpea."