12

"So?" Roman raced around the room jumping up onto boxes, the fridge... HIS FUCKING CASTLE! Virgil laughed as he watched the cat burst with excitable energy. "I take it you like it?"

'LIKE IT? I'm in love!'  Roman laughed as he clawed his way up the tower of his castle and rolled around with a smile. He never thought he would have so much fun as a cat but he couldn't deny this was amazing. Virgil had created this large disney-esk castle with towers and posts for Roman to climb and claw at. He was in nirvana. A small little kitten bed laid on the second floor giving the small cat plenty of room to just be. There was a cloth swing hammock thing connecting the castle with a tower and Roman was excited to try it out. But what got him the most out of the castle was just the size. It was massive. Virgil had completely rearranged his room setting most if not all of his stuff to one side of it so that Roman had his own part of it all. Virgil's room was like an L shape and Roman had a portion of that L all for himself.

"You really love that castle huh?" Roman beamed as he meowed and crawled over the beam Virgil had made to connect the tower to a shelving trail set up to circle around the room.

'Virgil, I am royality... and now I have a castle to prove it. I AM VERY HAPPY!'  Roman jumped down to the padded beanbag chair and purred as he rubbed against Virgil's legs. 'You didn't have to go all out for me, Stormcloud.'

"I'm glad you're happy, Sugarpea." Virgil smiled as he scratched Roman's head lightly only making the other purr even louder. "Wow, you've seemed to calm down quite a bit. You're so much more comfortable with me now." Roman nodded as he lightly bumped his head against the other making Virgil's eyes go wide. "Awe. Did you just bunt me?"

'What?' Roman quirked a brow as Virgil gently dropped to his knees and held his hand out. Roman didn't exactly understand why but... He just had the urge to rub against him. So he did... He pushed his head against the other's hands before rubbing his cheek against the other's fingers and smiling at how his scent seemed to cover the other.

"You are. You are bunting me." Virgil giggled softly as Roman just rubbed his face against him purring happily. "I'm so happy you like me." Roman glanced up to see Virgil's soft expression and his heart lept a bit in awe. He'd never seen him look so happy before. Roman purred even louder as he pushed up against him and rubbed his head against Virgil's cheek making the other pick him up. "I love you too, King." Roman's eyes went wide as Virgil pressed a soft kiss to his nose. "I'm glad I make you happy enough to bunt me. I'm proud. Really."

'Anx, you... You just... you said you... and then you...'  Roman was stunned. Virgil gently placed him back on the floor before going to sit on his bed. Roman didn't know what to do. He was at a loss truly. Well not entirely. He didn't know what he wanted or was thinking. His mind wouldn't let that small kiss go but he did know at that moment he wanted to be in Virgil's arms again. Getting the pets he was from the other felt really nice. He just wanted more of that. So he whined slightly before slowly marching over and hopping up onto the bed to curl up over the anxious one who laughed.

"You are going to be an overly affectionate one, aren't you King?" Virgil whispered softly as he laid down only to laugh more as Roman pushed himself up onto his chest and curled up against him. "Awe. You just too cute, you know that?"

'Just shhh... and pet me.' Roman giggled internally as he purred softly against Virgil's chest giving his a soft and comforting vibration. Virgil threaded his fingers through the other's fur only to melt as Roman started to kneed into him.

"I'm happy that you're so... comfortable with me now. I hope you love it all as much as you seem to be loving me." Roman's eyes slipped shut as he only continued to purr and kneed, to lost in the feels to really hear what Virgil had just said. "Maybe I will get you a treat. You've been such a good boy-..." There was a knock on the door making Roman's head snap up as Virgil frowned.

"Anxiety, It's Logan. We need to talk." Virgil's face just dropped as he carefully pushed Roman off of him only to frown as Roman whined. The cat literally raced to the door pacing about as Virgil just shook his head. "Anxiety."

"I'm coming. Hold your damn horses." Virgil groaned already feeling his anxiety bubble up in him. Virgil quickly knelt down whispering softly so that only Roman could hear him. "I'll be right back ok, Small fry. You just hang out here. And maybe while I'm out I'll get something to bring back for you?" Roman only whined against as Virgil quickly jumped out of the room nearly bumping into Logan. "Sorry."

"Whatever. It's not important."

"You said we need to talk?" Logan nodded as he started off down the hallway. Virgil had no choice but to follow. He could hear the subtle meow and scratches at his door revealing how much Roman did not want to be stuck in there without him. Virgil was just glad Logan was far enough away to not hear it himself. "Hey, wait up!"

"Anxiety, considering it is a pressing matter, I'd hope you would... catch up instead." Logan mumbled as he just kept walking on making groan. "We have much to discuss and not much time to do it in so... Please, do hurry along."

"You say that but you refuse to tell me what's up. Am I in trouble or something?" Logan sighed as he shook his head gesturing for Virgil to walk out in front of him. Virgil frowned as he did only to freeze up seeing Janus standing there. "Oh shit."

"I told you... we have much to discuss." Logan repeated as Janus just waved softly making Virgil's stomach drop.

"Greetings... Anxiety." Virgil could feel the bile building as his anxiety spiked.

"Deceit."