3

"So... Wait, where's Roman?" Thomas glanced around them as he frowned in concern. "It was his idea to go out tonight." 

"He left shortly after our last meeting." Virgil mumbled with a half committal wave. "He's probably out trying fight goblins or whatever his mind can cook up. I knocked on his door."

"Well, I... I can't..." Virgil groaned as he tried to ignore his host's rising anxiety. "I can't go out without Roman."

"Thomas, we're making the plans right now." Thomas frowned as he shook his head and started to get up. Virgil panicked a bit as he quickly grabbed the pen and paper. "Thomas!" He yelled out making the other freeze. He hadn't really intended on yelling but... shit happens. "Sit back down."

"I can't go out without Roman. It was his idea. And on top of that, how would I even know what to do and..." Virgil sighed as he gestured to the couch and Thomas nodded slightly, sitting back down. "You should be happy, Anxiety... I said I wasn't going."

"You think that makes me happy?" Thomas frowned in confusion as Virgil just groaned. "Thomas, it's not that I don't want you to go, I want you to be safe. Yes, I come off a bit strong but if you never go then nothing bad can happen... yes?"

"Well... yeah but..."

"Roman was right though, you need to breathe." Thomas's eyes went wide as Virgil just stared at his paper. "Sometimes a person needs more of a 'break' than just sitting at home doing nothing. I don't like the idea of you going out because of everything that could happen but... that doesn't mean that what could happen WILL happen. So... maybe just this once for that pathetic prince's sake, I'll concede a point to him." Virgil paused as he looked up to find Thomas smiling and he froze. "What?"

"You're trying to get me to go out." Virgil tensed as Thomas pointed lazily at him. "You're trying to convince me to still go. You're trying to help Roman."

"I am not." Virgil shook as Thomas just chuckled.

"Yes, you are." Virgil's eyes flashed with fear as he gripped the papers tightly. "I never thought I'd see the day where Anxiety would be trying to help the prince."

"I'm not helping that ego brick." Virgil whined as he shook his head. "I'm just stating facts. Y-You should g-go out tonight. You already made plans. You already have a friend coming to pick you up. It wouldn't be fair to just drop it out of the blue a few hours later. You're going!"

"OK!" Thomas held his hands up in surrender at the sound of Virgil's distorted voice and he sighed. "You know, Anx... if you did this WHILE Roman was here, he wouldn't be as hard on you as he is."

"What are you talking about?" Thomas smirked softly as he watched Virgil start to write things down. He let his hands fall into his lap as he rolled his eyes. 

"If you showed Roman that you do in fact care about what he says and takes it all into consideration then he wouldn't fight you so much." Virgil laughed as he just focused on everything he was writing down.

"You do know he hates me right? There is no middle ground with him. Besides, I don't need his help." Virgil smirked as he passed over the paper making Thomas frown as he read it. "Just some backup plans should a few things happen. Personally, I feel you should go back and sleep but as I said before. You really should get out. You look like a pale vampire who painted himself with sunblock so thick, it's just paint."

"Uh... thanks?"

"No, prob, Starshine." Virgil winked as he stood up and stretched listening to the pop in his back that he got in response. "Ok then... You have fun but more importantly, be safe. I don't want to work extra time, ok? So seriously... be safe. I'm heading back. If you do see Roman tell him his sword is in his room. The last thing I need is an angry prince coming after me." Thomas only nodded as Virgil sunk out and yawned. Honestly sometimes being out there was a bit draining. Virgil slowly trudged back to his room, only to pause at Roman's door again with this worried look. 

"Ro?" Virgil knocked softly, far too tired to knock very loudly. "Roman, I know you don't like me but... You missed the meeting with Thomas. Roman?" Virgil sighed as he grumbled and rolled his eyes. "Whatever. I give up." Virgil carefully moved to his door stumbling a bit as he opened his door and groaned quietly. The moment he walked in, he spotted something shoot under the bed in the corner of his eyes but he could only yawn in response. He'd barely got much sleep the night prior and with everything going on he was left pretty drained. He staggered his way over to his bed, plopping down with an exhausted groan only to freeze.

 "Wait... I... I have to feed..." Virgil rubbed his tired eyes as he pushed himself back up. "Feed the cat." Virgil smiled as he pushed himself over to his mini-fridge. He himself couldn't just create things as Roman and Remus were the only ones with creation powers but there were a few things Virgil had that let him summon stuff if he needed. His fridge was one of them. He opened the fridge to find a small thing of tuna and he beamed. It worked! 

"Here you go, little guy." Virgil mumbled tiredly as he put a small plate down by the bed. He didn't wait for anything to happen. He just laid himself back down on the bed and sighed softly as he closed his eyes. "Imma take a nap. Hope you like tuna."

'Hope I like tuna?' Roman grumbled slightly as he carefully pushed himself out from under the bed. He looked up to see Virgil fast asleep and he frowned. 'I do not understand you.' How on earth can someone sleep so much? Roman rolled his eyes as he turned back to the plate and sighed. He was a bit hungry. He had skipped breakfast to work on things for Thomas. But, it was something that Anxiety had given him... He couldn't trust that dark spider boi. Roman's stomach growled making his eyes go wide with embarrassment. He just stared at the tuna before glancing back at Virgil and shaking his head. 'If I get poisoned and die as a cat... I'm haunting your ass, Anxiety.' Roman's stomach growled again as he slowly moved closer to the plate. 'Maybe one bite wouldn't hurt.'