10

Virgil glanced around him and groaned as his leg bounced anxiously. Roman, of course, noticed right away, pattering over to paw at his leg and make him stop. Virgil sighed as he subconsciously brushed his fingers through Roman fur, shaking his head. 

"I'm sorry. I just... got really anxious all of a sudden." Roman quirked a brow as Virgil smiled over at him. "It's just that it's been over a week now... and we've still yet to hear from Princey."

'Anxiety, I'm right here.' Roman was actually taken back by how worried the other seemed to be about him. 'Sure I'm not... exactly ok. I'm a fucking cat but... I'm not in any danger.' Roman mewled softly as he rubbed up against Virgil. 'Not when you've been caring for me the way you have. So please don't be so scared.'

"I just... I feel like something happened to him." Roman frowned as a tear started to fall from Virgil's eyes. "He wouldn't just leave his sword on the ground, King. He loves that thing."

'Well... you aren't wrong. I didn't know you actually paid attention to things like that... Or that you even found my sword. Anx?' Virgil bit his lip as he tried to work through his thoughts. Roman tensed as he pawed at Virgil's cheek trying to get him to stop biting his lip. 'Anx, if you keep this up you'll work yourself into an attack. I'm ok. I'm right here. I'm not human... but I'm not hurt.'

"I just don't know what to do... I... Damn it. I can't take this shit." Virgil jumped up and stormed over to his closet grabbing a small leather-bound kit before heading to the door only to freeze seeing Roman there with this look in his eyes. "I'm just going to find some answers. Or at least try to. I can't not know... you know?" Roman frowned as Virgil shook his head as gently nudged him away from the door with his foot. "I'll be back, King. Don't worry."

'Don't worry? I don't know where you're going or what you're planning. OF COURSE, I'M GOING TO WORRY!' Roman hissed loudly as he forced himself back in front of the door, stopping Virgil who was about to open it. 'If you're going out to find answers as you say... I'm coming with.' Roman squared his shoulders as he growled loud enough to make Virgil's eyes narrow in thought. 'You're already worked up, Anx. What if you had another attack while out there doing whatever it is. Who's going to help you then... No. Not gonna happen. I don't want you getting hurt... especially because of me.'

"King..." Roman meowed loudly and forcefully making it clear he was not letting Virgil pass without him. Virgil could only groan with a slight nod. "I'm going to Roman's room..." Roman's eyes went wide as Virgil shifted uncomfortably. "I'll be fine." Roman scratched at the door before rubbing up against the other making Virgil sigh in understanding. "Fine. You can come with but don't mess with anything, please. I don't want Roman to randomly come back and freak out."

'Anxiety, I literally told you twice you could use my room to summon things.' Roman chuckled internally as he waited patiently for the door to open. 'Although I do find this funny. We're going to my room to find information on me all while you don't want me knowing that we ever went... so you don't want me to mess with my things.'

"Let's just get this over with... please stay close to me, Sugarpea." Roman nodded happily as Virgil opened the door letting him walk out of the room with wide eyes. The air felt so different outside Virgil's room. It was a lot warmer... clearer but... Also scarier too. "This way, King." Virgil carefully set the leather-bound set on the floor letting Roman take a glance. Roman rolled his eyes slightly with an internal laugh as he watched Virgil take out a few tools to 'unlock' his door.

'Look at this...' Roman thought with a chuckle. 'I'm breaking into my own room. Anx, you do know that I can just...' Roman blinked and suddenly the door clicked making Virgil pull back with an almost surprised look in his eyes. 'It's my room. I can unlock it for you.'

"Well alright then." Virgil pushed himself up lightly nudging the door open as if looking for the prince... who was at his feet. "In I go, I guess." Roman frowned for a second as he looked down the hall towards Logan's room. If he wanted he could go find him. He was sure Logan would be able to help him. He'd figure out a way to get him back to being his princely self. He could run and he'd never have to worry about Virgil ever again... "Come on, King." Roman's eyes met with the other's noticing right away how worried he was. He'd never have to worry about Virgil ever again... "King? Please don't run." 

'Never.' Roman beamed as he toddled his way into the room looking back to see the relief in the other's eyes. 'Who else is going to watch your back?'

"Jesus, I thought I was gonna lose you there for a second." Virgil smiled softly but Roman could hear the anxiety in his voice clear as day. "Don't do that. You scared me."

'I'm sorry.' Roman watched as Virgil slowly walked further into the room before glancing around and sighing. Virgil walked over to the sword hung up on the wall and Roman's eyes went wide. 'Wait... You put the sword up? I thought you would have just placed it somewhere and left.'

"Something had to happen but... Roman wouldn't have just left without some sort of note right?'

'Right.' Roman smiled as he just watched Virgil get lost in thought. ' I don't even go into town without letting someone know, just in case I'm needed or something.'

"I just have to figure out... if he left any sort of a sign." Roman frowned as Virgil glanced over at the desk.

'Yeah, I... don't think I actually did this time.'