13

TW~ Near Panic Attack

'Anxiety!' Roman clawed at the door wanting out as he whined loudly. 'Anx!' Roman growled as he stepped back and paced a bit in thought. He didn't like the silence. He didn't like being by himself. Plus the very thought of Virgil going out there on his own when the last time he came back having a panic attack. Roman didn't want that again. No! He had to be out there with him. He didn't care if the others spotted him... and he knew from experience Patton's allergies weren't THAT bad. He's held cats before. He just had to be careful... not that he would ever let anyone hold him.

Well... Except for Virgil... who he already let hold him.

The point was Roman wanted out... and this time he was going to get out! He ran over to his castle climbing up to the third floor before trailing the beam to the top of the tower and following beyond till he got to the shelving. He then walked himself over to the door before pausing to measure the distance and...

He jumped grabbing the handle just right to open the door as he fell. Roman wasted no time running out of the room to find Virgil. 

"What?!" Virgil just stood there frozen as Janus checked his nails... through his gloves like some sassy snake. "You can't be serious."

"Oh but he is, Anxiety. Very much so I'm afraid." Janus lulled as he smirked over at the man. "With the prince gone... someone has to fill in the spot lest Thomas start to suspect something."

"He's not gone. He's just... not here. Logan, please!" Virgil clenched his fists as he shot the logical one a very desperate look. "I understand wanting to continue with the videos despite Roman not being here to help. I do. I understand wanting to keep Thomas safe. Trust me, I am ALL for it but you CANNOT think that this is a good idea!"

"Kiddo..." Virgil crashed as Patton gave him such a soft smile. "We don't HAVE another idea."

"Trying to push him aside was bad enough. Forcing him out of the process simply because he wasn't here... was bad enough." Virgil spoke quietly as he tried to calm himself down. "But to replace him completely... Are you mad?"

"Virgil, we need to make video's. We have to keep Thomas on track. If Roman cannot be here for... whatever reason... then steps must be made to keep Thomas on said track." Logan frowned seeing the fear in the youngest's eyes. "I can understand your concern. I am not blind to it. However, I must take everything into consideration. Either we let Deceit here pose as the prince... or we recruit the duke."

"NO!" Everyone flinched at Virgil's distorted voice except for Janus who's eyes narrowed in thought. Virgil shook his head as he tried really hard to keep his anxiety from getting to bad. "Not him. NOT REMUS!"

"Anxiety..."

"NOT REMUS!" Virgil repeated as cut Logan off. "The idea alone is horrible and could make so many things go wrong but very fact that you actually suggested THE DUKE... I'm appalled."

"Well, they are brothers." Janus mumbled making Virgil growl angrily.

"Do you have ANY idea what Remus posing as Roman would do the prince?! It would be way worse than say... it reversed. Think... USE YOUR BRAIN!"

"ANXIETY!" Virgil choked as his eyes snapped over to see Logan glaring at him. "I am very much... using my brain as you've said. This is the best and only option. Either Deceit poses as Roman or The duke. Either way, SOMEONE has to do it for Thomas's sake."

"No. No one has to do shit!" Virgil's eyes took in the whole area as he started to shake. "No one has to pretend. You can still create without needing his part filled. You can still keep your oh so important deadlines. Whatever but... The fact that you care more about those deadlines than you do the wellbeing of your fellows... You can't do this!"