40

"Remus, where are we..." Remus quickly shushed them making Patton sigh as he held the cat carrier tightly in his hand. Roman wasn't happy at all about being locked up. He had hissed like mad until Remus had enough and full-on blasted the poor cat with catnip. Let's just say... Roman wasn't freaking out anymore.

"Devinora isn't one for..."

"Isn't one for what?" The group froze up as Patton and Logan slowly turned around to see this woman with a large medusa like snake tail trailing behind her. She grinned, her bright floral green and yellow hair falling in waves, as she showed her pointy fangs. Her gown weaved around her tail as she moved taking in the sights. "I haven't met you two before." Remus quickly ducked behind the two others not entirely wanting the witch to notice him quite yet. He hadn't lied. They were friends. Actually no... Devinora was more like an adopted mother to him. She and King were friends. And when Roman decided to split, she never really forgave him for that.

"I'm..." Patton took a step closer and instantly Devinora's eyes went to the cat cage. "I'm Morality. My name is Patton. I'm afraid... I haven't heard much from you but... I did hear that you might be able to help us."

"Everything comes with a price, my dear." Devinora smirked as she looked over at Logan with a quirk of his brow. "You aren't... what I'd consider... Evil, dark, broody, or emo so..." Remus held back a snicker as Logan and Patton both sighed sadly. "You must be logic, yes?"

"Yes, my name is Logan."

"Devinora." The witch beamed as she wrapped her tail around the cat cage, pulling it from Patton's hands as she peeked inside. Her eyes narrowed seeing the orange tabby and she frowned. She flicked her wrist causing the cage door to open as she pulled Roman out who lashed out and attacked her hand making Patton panic a bit. Devinora only laughed as she held him up to her face and hissed right back at him. "You know little one. Kitten's shouldn't play with..." Her eyes flashed as the sudden sense of deja vu hit her. She stared into those pools of ash blue and something latched on to her. "...cobra. Roman?"

"We need your help." Devinora glanced over at Patton with this confused look as the father figment smiled sadly. "He not... himself."

"I can see that. I didn't recognize him." Patton's eyes went wide as Devinora sighed, just staring the cat down as he attacked her arm angrily. "All creations just know their creator. The fact that I didn't recognize him... You've gone and done it again haven't you, you stupid royal."

"Please?" Patton whined softly. "We need him back. Thomas needs him. Anx... We all need him." Devinora just laughed as she handed Roman back over to Patton. 

"Why should I help that broken King?" Patton gasped but remained still as he felt Remus take his hand from behind him. "If his only response to a troubling situation is to give up... Than frankly Id rather him like this. It gives us all a break from his... rule."

"Please? I know you have issues with him..."

"Issues?" Patton clamed up as Devinora giggled. "Oh, honey... What Roman and I do... we don't have issues. We simply... don't see eye to eye. Not anymore. I really don't hate him at all. I just don't approve of his choices. Besides... he made me what I am. He understands me completely." Her eyes darkened as she shot the cat this look. "I just don't care. If he gave up that's his choice. Let him suffer the consequences."

"Devin..." She hissed loudly stopping Logan in his tracks as Roman's head bolt up. He hissed protectively making the witch falter a bit.

"I do not help those who do not deserve it." Devinora growled as her eyes flashed brightly. "I do not condone... weakness."

"Then help me!" Devinora's eyes shot wide as Remus teleported right in front of her. "Help me then, Devi."

"Remus?" Remus smiled as he nodded a bit, taking her hands. "I don't... You were. I didn't recognize your scent."

"Yes well, I've been hanging around my own snake so... it makes sense. You're smelling him... not me." Remus's smile fell as he looked up to meet her eyes. "Devi, Please? You know damn well I would never ask for ANYTHING... but I need this."

"You... You WANT Roman back?" Remus nodded as he gripped her hands tighter. "But he... Remus he..."

"You have to stop blaming him for what he did as King. He made his choice because he had to. He didn't have any other option. I never cared about the split. It meant nothing to me. You all cared about it." Devinora's eyes darkened as Remus smiled sadly. "I know King was your friend. Hell... I have all of King's memories but... Villianizing Roman for his decision to create me isn't going to help anyone move on."

"Remus, I..."

"I know you care. Just as I know you care about him." Devinora growled defeatedly as Remus just giggled. "You can say you don't all you want but you could have done so much worse to him than just... turning him into a kitten." Devinora pulled her hands free as she shot them all sorry look.

"It won't matter." Remus frowned as Patton started to cry.

"What do you mean by that statement?" Logan asked as he gripped Patton's hand tightly to help support him as Roman clung tight to Patton's shirt, the father not caring about the claws at all.

"What I mean is... King made ALL his creatures, good or bad, have magic that was only temporary. I can turn him back into a human... force him to wake up but... Whatever caused this... it will still be there. If things do not fix itself... If he has no reason to fight... he WILL turn back into a cat again." Remus giggled loudly shocking everyone into silence as he just fell and started rolling around. "Remus?"

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry... not!" Remus giggled even more until finally calming down and sitting himself up. "It's funny that you think Roman will ever get the chance to turn back." Devinora's eyes went wide as Remus smirked evilly. "Last I checked there was a emo he needs to save... SO! Here up with the magic mojo and let's get this pompus prince back to his emo princess. LET'S GO!" Remus smirked awkwardly as he shrugged. "Preferably before Dee decides he's angry at me for good?"

"Just... Make sure he has a reason to fight." Their eyes all went wide as Devinora held up a glowing white orb. "I will not be happy if this effert was for naught. That boy needs to learn... Kittens have claws for a reason."