19

Roman stood there staring into his mirror as he tried to ignore the crushing silence around him. As much as he like being able to actually do things now... He's noticed some cat-like things have stayed with him. Like his separation anxiety... Being without Virgil made him very jumpy and unnerved. He was always thinking about Virgil and what could be happening. He actually missed being able to lay with the emo and feeling his fingers brush through his fur. He missed being held by Virgil. He even missed the silly nicknames the other would call him. 

His eyes met with his wrist and he smiled slightly at the collar he at put on like a bracelet. He may not be a cat anymore but... It didn't change how he felt or what had happened. He was Virgil's cat. He was King. He wasn't just going to drop it now that he was human again. He couldn't. He pushed his sleeve down to hide the collar around his wrist and sighed as he turned away from the mirror. He didn't want to see how his ginger hair was a mess or how dull his green eyes were. He raked his fingers through his locks hoping to make them look somewhat presentable before heading out for their meeting. He thanked whatever god was up there he still had all that make up from before. Sure he didn't wear as much as Virgil but... he did now.

Foundation, contour... anything and everything that made him look less dead. He didn't exactly know why he felt so... depressed?... But he knew it had to be because of Virgil. He hated being away from him. He felt like he lost him. Roman understood things were different now. He was human again so obviously he couldn't just scratch at Virgil's door and ask to come in for pets and snuggles...

Even if he really wanted to.

Plus part of him already felt bad just over how clingy he was when he was a cat. The man couldn't even go to the bathroom in peace. Roman had to be with him. That need didn't die down at all when he became human. He just had a bit more control over himself now. More... but not complete. Which was why he wore the collar as a bracelet... He couldn't just toss it. No... He felt like he had to keep on his person. He had to. But being that he wasn't a cat, it's not like he could wear it like one.

Don't be a Remus people. Get your mind out of the gutter.

"Curtain calls." Roman muttered to himself as he held his wrist close to himself. He whined slightly before once again fixing his hair and walking out of the room completely. "Action."

"ROMAN!" Thomas squealed happily the second Roman sunk in pulling him into his arms and making Roman tense up suddenly. To be honest Roman hasn't been one for contact since he first turned into a cat. Unless it was Virgil, he just didn't want it...

That hasn't changed either.

"H-Hey, there, Thomas." Roman held back the growl that wanted to come out as he wedged himself out of his host's arms. "I take it you've missed me?"

"You've been missing for several weeks, why wouldn't he?" Roman's eyes lit up as he looked over to see Virgil huddled slightly in his spot by the steps. Roman gulped down his need to be closer as he looked around noticing everyone's stares. "Where the fuck even were you? You just vanished."

"No. No I didn't." Roman frowned as he sighed and hugged himself slightly. "I didn't leave at all. I just uh... It's hard to explain ok. Just know that I was there just... not quite... there either."

"That makes no fucking sense." Virgil grumbled as he rolled his eyes. "Maybe next time don't leave for weeks."

"I didn't..."

"Anxiety, please stop antagonizing the prince." Both Roman and Virgil tensed up the moment Logan spoke up. Roman could already feel his angry bubbling as Virgil cowered slightly. "I know things have been rough but you shouldn't be so short-tempered with him."

"Short-tempered... HE WAS GONE FOR WEEKS!" Virgil yelled out making Thomas flinch at the sudden surge of anxious energy. "I worked my ass off keeping everything working and NOT falling apart because he wasn't here to do his job and you weren't listening to me."

"Anxiety, please... can we not start this now. Roman is back now. We don't need to worry..." Virgil blanched as his eyes went wide. "Worrying over it now is... pointless."

"I am literally anxiety... I physically CAN'T stop worrying about it!" Logan took a deep breath trying to get his thoughts in order. He never really was good and talking in a way that wasn't... heartless.

"Anxiety, I did not mean that. I mean it more in a sense of... it's in the past. Today's meeting is about reestablishing Roman back into the planning. If you do not wish to participate then you are free to leave." Virgil laughed as he rolled his eyes.

"I'm being kicked out again." Logan frowned as he shook his head.

"That was not what I was saying at all. I said if you wanted to leave then..."

"Logan, dear, you aren't helping your case." Patton quickly cut in making Logan's eyes narrow. Patton glanced over to see the pure anger in Roman's eyes and he sighed. "Maybe we should change the topic."

"Yes." Roman glared as his voice dropped to a sort of growl. "Let's... please."

"This is stupid." Virgil choked back a laugh as he shook his head, making Roman's eyes snap over in concern. "You know. I thought... maybe things had changed but of course the minute the prince comes back... to hell with me right. Fine then. I'm tired of this shit anyway."

"Anxiety, enough with the temper tantrum." Logan groaned as he rubbed his temple. "I get it. You're still upset of losing King. I'm sorry no one has been able to find him. You can't target us over it though. You need to gro..." The sound of a very pissed off hiss echoed through the room startling everyone as Logan's eyes shot wide. "Ok, I understand you're upset but you didn't have to hiss at me, Anxiety." 

"That..." Virgil frowned as he shook his head. "That wasn't me." Virgil glanced around before spotting Roman standing there with both his hands over his mouth making Virgil's eyes narrowed in concern. "Roman? Did you just... hiss?"

"What?" Roman mumbled through his hands as his eyes darted around at everyone. He quickly cleared his throat before moving his hands away and crossing his arms. "Me? Uh... no. Well. Um... Yes?" Roman panicked slightly as he felt the hair on the back of his head stick up. His eyes went to Patton who nodded and Roman smiled thankfully. "Thanks.. I've got to go."

"Wait, what?" Roman sunk out leaving everyone there as Logan tried to work through everything. Virgil scoffed as he turned his attention back to Thomas who was clearly really confused.

"Like I said... I'm tired of this shit."

"Well then." Patton clapped forcing their attention to him as he tried to get things moving along. "What's the first PROPER discussion for today's meeting?"