30

"ANXIETY?!" Roman screamed out as he pounded on the door. He didn't care if the reverb sent him spiraling. It didn't matter. He couldn't breathe. This sense of abandonment crashed over him like a wave slamming him into the jagged rocks. He couldn't take it. He couldn't be alone. Being without Virgil was like someone stabbed him repeatedly with sea urchin quills. He couldn't freaking breathe. He was suffocating. His heart was banging in his chest like a war drum urging him on to battle to fight for Virgil to just... "OPEN THE DOOR?! Please." Roman crashed, his body slipping as he fell to his knees. His lungs burned as he struggled just to get that first breath. His lungs weren't working. His body was so shakey. He tried knocking on the door but he only ended up crumbling to the floor. He leaned against the door whimpering as he curled up into himself. His skin wouldn't stop crawling. He hated it. He couldn't stand it. The silence. The ever heavy silence that crushed him to a fine powder.... why couldn't he breathe?

"An-..." Roman choked, eyes wide as he just sat there frozen. "I can't... Anx?" Roman cried, tears falling hard as he sputtered gripping his shirt till his hands turned white. "... can't... can't breathe. A-Anx... I can't... b-be a-alone."  Roman broke down sobbing silently as he fell over onto his side shivering like a leaf in the wind. "Please... p-ple... Open... open up." Roman gasped his eyes slipping shut as his body started to shut down on him. His fear taking over as his magic started to lash out uncontrolled. "Anx... H..." Roman fell limp a single word on his lips as everything just... crashed. "Help."

Virgil jumped back as small little things started to pop up randomly in his room. He knew what was happening. It had happened before. Roman was subconsciously sending things to him. Virgil wanted to go and find him. For what reason he didn't know... But he couldn't. He was in pain. He was scared. Roman... Roman was King. Roman... the very prince who he thought hated him... who then made him think liked him and cared about him... was the very cat to whom he been so open with. Roman knew how to get 'close' to him... because he had seen him with his guard down.

The only thing Virgil could latch onto as real... was the panic the prince had. That alone almost made him break. He literally had to shove Roman out of the room after Remus teleported out. Roman just keep begging.

Virgil wasn't ready to talk. He needed time. He... He needed to think things through and he couldn't do that with the prince there. He didn't know what to think. Virgil frowned as he watched Nyxie walk over to the door. She yowled sadly scratching at it as if desperately trying to get out.

"You want Roman don't you?" Virgil couldn't stop the pained laugh that escaped him. "Of course you do... You two and your... meowing and shit..." Virgil furiously wiped his tears as he broke down and just sat on his bed. "No wonder he always knew how to talk with you... He was... He... King?" Virgil sobbed as Nyxie stopped and started to panic her self. On one side Virgil was crying and breaking down while on the other Roman was on the other side suffering too. She was a cat. She literally heard the man fall. Obviously Virgil did not. She meowed forcefully as he scratched at the door again trying to get Virgil up and over. Maybe if he opened the door and saw him... "Just... knock it off, Nyxie." Virgil choked as he laid back and cuddled into his pillow. "Please? Please just stop." Virgil watched as his kitten jumped up onto the castle and he sighed. He knew what she was going to do. The only problem was... Nyxie was far too small. She went to catch the handle as she fell but missed and whimpered. 

"See? I told you to stop." Virgil got up and gently picked her up listening to her panicked purr, with a frown. "What's got you so worked up anyway? Roman never really did much with you. He always said he didn't like you... and I bet he was the one that took Kings..." Virgil crashed as he shook his head and scoffed. "I mean his toys away. Just forget it, Nyxie. Forget him for know. I just... I need to think."

"Roman?" Patton frowned as he walked up to the passed out prince and sighed. He could feel that harrowing fear burning through him even out as he was. "My poor, kiddo. Hold on." Patton gently picked him up frowning more as the prince whimpered and choked. His image wavered and Patton realized what was going to happen. "Let me get you out of the hall at least, son."

"Ro..." Patton froze resigning himself to just hold Roman through it as the princes body shifted out of control. "It's ok." It always happened when things broke down around him. It was something King creativity just never could help. Roman cried as he curled into himself, panting until the wavering stopped. Patton smiled sadly as he quickly walked Roman back to his room before it started up again. The father figment laid him down on the bed only to step back as Roman practically convulsed into a ball. "Oh, Ro... It's ok. Just breathe."

"I... can...t" Roman tensed up horrible as his image wavered out completely until... Patton was staring at a small trembling orange tabby balled up and whimpering with every breath. Roman yowled in pain and fear as he didn't even try to shift back. It wouldn't have mattered anyway. With his magic out of control, there was no way he could even stay human for long anyway. He was shit out of luck.

"Roman it's going to be ok." Roman just stay there balled up on his bed trembling as Patton deflated and nodded. "I'm... I'm gonna go get Logan. He... He needs to be aware of what's happening. We'll work through this ok? Whenever you can shift back long enough to explain... Just let me know." Patton frowned as he glanced over to the wall. "I should also check on Anxiety. I just hope he'll let me in."