5

Roman sat there just watching as Virgil slept. He wanted to make sure the other wasn't for some reason faking it before he tried to make his escape. He was bound and determined to get out of that room. He didn't know what Virgil was planning to do with him, but he didn't want to find out.

As soon as he was sure Virgil was out cold he ran over to the door and sat. He took in everything as he let his magic rush around him, eyes pink, as he tried to figure out what to do. If he could just get the door open... but the only way to do that is to first reach the doorknob. 

Roman took a deep breath as he pictured a large box. He felt his magic surge and suddenly a large brown box was just sitting there in front of him. He mewled lightly with excitement before pushing the box closer to the door. The next thing he summoned was a chair. He couldn't exactly move that so he just had to pray it was in the right place. He spent several minutes creating things of all different sizes to help him get up. He really didn't need everything he made but he didn't want to risk it. 

Roman took a deep breath before jumping up onto the chair and smiling. He stepped out onto the small wooden plank and made his way to the box before jumping up again onto a rack of some sort. The box was flimsy however and in jumping off of it it made the plank fall to the floor. His anxiety peaked as he clung onto the rack hoping he at least had the skill to balance like most cats do. He tensed as he went to jump off only to screech at the feeling of hands wrapping around him. 

"Hey, now... Don't hurt yourself." Virgil whispered softly as he pulled the small cat into his arms. He could hear it growling as he sighed. "I know. You're scared. I'm sorry. I just don't want you getting hurt." Virgil smiled as he gently brushed his fingers down Roman's back eliciting a hiss from the other. Virgil just sighed as he quickly set the poor thing down watching as it bolted under the bed for protection. "At least you didn't bite me." Virgil giggled before turning back to the door with a frown. "Now where did all this come from?" Virgil sighed as he carefully started to pull things away from the door feeling that familiar energy around each item. "Roman?" Roman peaked out from under the bed seeing Virgil just standing there staring blankly leaning against the back of the chair. "Ok, something has to be going on. He only accidentally summons things here when something is wrong." 

'What?' Roman slowly made his way out of the bed and sat as he watched Virgil carefully move things around. Virgil glanced back to give him a smile as he shook his head.

"Don't worry, Kitty. I'm sure it must have been a nightmare or something. It isn't the first time the prince subconsciously sent shit to me. I'm just getting paranoid again." Virgil pushed the chair up against the wall by the door, before collapsing into it. "I'm talking to a cat. I... I am talking to a cat as if that would help." Virgil laughed at himself as he sat there limp with tears in his eyes. Roman was stunned. "I'm sorry, little one. You're probably hungry. I don't think I fed you dinner, did I?" Virgil groaned as he pushed himself up and headed for his fridge. Once again he pulled out some tuna and sighed as he put it on a plate and set it down in front of Roman, who just watched as Virgil sat down onto the floor. "Eat up, sugarpea. I don't want you getting sick." Roman glanced down at the plate before looking up at Virgil to see him just staring blankly at nothing.

'I do not understand you at all.'  Roman sighed as he made his way over to the tuna and started to nibble at it. Roman's tail flicked slightly catching Virgil's eyes who smiled softly.

"Do you like it?" Roman growled slightly in warning as he continued to eat only making Virgil chuckle. "You sound like you do." Virgil frowned as he gently let his fingers brush down Roman's fur making the cat freeze up instantly. Roman's eyes snapped over glaring at the other who just smiled softly. "You're ok. I'm not going to hurt you."

'I don't want you touching me either, Anxiety!' Roman hissed as he turned back to his food only for Virgil to chuckle again as he softly pet Roman's neck and shoulders. He growled louder trying to tell Virgil to stop while he ate but the other didn't. Roman spun around about to lash out only to freeze as Virgil brushed his fur back with this soft expression. 

"You know, kitty... You're really handsome." Roman's eyes went wide as Virgil gently brushed his hand down his head, petting by his ears. He tried really hard to ignore it but Roman had to admit it did feel nice. "Your fur is so soft and pretty. I don't get to see many cats because of Patton but... you're a really cute one, you know?"

'Of course, I am...' Roman pouted slightly as he tried to curl away from Virgil's hand. 'I'm royalty. A prince has got to slay.' Roman lightly swatted at Virgil's hand making the other laugh as he pulled away. 

"Ok, I get it. No pets... You're still not ready. At least you let me for a little bit." Roman frowned in confusion as Virgil sighed softly. "It kind of helped. I'm going back to bed. You eat up little one." Virgil pushed himself back up onto the bed all while Roman sat there very confused.

'Wait, helped? Helped with what?'  Roman meowed slightly making Virgil smile as he laid back down to sleep. 'Anx, what did you mean helped? Hey! I'm trying to talk to you!'  Roman squeaked as he tried to get the other's attention but Virgil just rolled over ignoring him. 'Hey! ANXIETY! Fine!' Roman plopped down with a huff as he whined and rolled his eyes. 'I'll just forget it then.'