20

Roman paced around his room rubbing his arms as his skin crawled. A rumbling hiss spilled from his lips as he twitched about. He couldn't get himself to calm down. He was so pissed off. Pissed off at the fact that he was human again. Pissed off at Logan for never knowing when to shut up and leave Virgil alone. Pissed off that he was still very much a damn cat without actually physically being one. The spell may have worn off but... 

Did it ever really break?

Roman froze up eyes wide as he slowly looked down at his wrist seeing his collar. His fingers twitched as he frowned, his thought returning once again to Virgil. He felt horrible. Being apart from him was hell... The only way Roman could really describe it would be... a child waiting at the doorstep for their parent to return, wanting so desperately for their car to pull in but never seeing it. A sense of abandonment... loneliness. Roman utterly hated the feeling. 

The silence created in like an icy fog that came to swallow him up whole. He could feel the chill on his skin as he tenses up. He missed hearing Virgil's soft voice, his caring tone. The way he would always have some sort of a sound playing to fill the emptiness. The way he spoke to him as if talking to a best friend. The humming... the soft subtle sound of a song... All Roman had now was the deafening silence that made his ears want to ring. 

"I can't..." Roman forced himself out of his room, unable to stand another second of solitude. He was out of his mind. Sure he's always been what Patton called a social butterfly but... He's never NEEDED interaction. He was never dependent on it like the moral mad of a father figment was. He was what Thomas called an ambivert. Roman liked being out with people but being alone sometimes was very relaxing. Unfortunately, now... Be couldn't stand being alone at all. Correction...

He couldn't stand being away from his love.

"Anxiety?" Roman gently rapped on the door with a shake in his voice. "Anxiety? Please... I... I know you don't really like me but..." The door slowly creaked open letting Roman get his first view of the anxious side since the meeting and his heart just dropped. "Oh, Anx."

"What... W-what d-do you want?" Virgil hissed as he glared the prince down despite the obvious tears in his red puffy eyes. 

"I wanted to talk." Virgil's eyes narrowed as Roman shifted awkwardly. "Ok... I wanted to hang more than anything."

"Hang? Roman, what the fuck?" Roman flinched as Virgil went to close the door, causing him to whine and making Virgil freeze up suddenly. Virgil stood there a good second, highly confused as he looked back and finally noticed how unnerved the prince was. "Roman, what happened?"

"Nothing... Nothing happened."

"That's a bald-faced lie... and last I checked you weren't deceit." Roman swallowed his fear as he placed a hesitant hand on the door catching Virgil's eyes at the sudden movement. "What do you want?"

"Can we just... please hang out?" Virgil's eyes set with clear anxious confusion as Roman tried his best to give a smile despite the way his heart was racing so fast he was sure he was about to pass out. "We don't have to do anything. We don't have to talk. You can ignore my presence completely. I just... I don't want to be alone."

"Wait, what?" Virgil's eyes shot wide as Roman nodded slightly. "Then why not bother the other two? Roman, I really don't want to deal with whatever trick this is."

"It's not a trick, and I don't want to hang out with them. I want to hang out with you!" Virgil froze up in shock as Roman panted slightly before racking his hands through his hair. "Please, Anx? I just... I can't be alone." Virgil groaned feeling the anxiety that covered Roman like a thick blag smog filled with toxic fumes making his lungs fill up till he couldn't breathe. Yet Roman stood there looking as if he was only slightly nervous. Virgil knew better. He felt just how bad it was.

"Touch my shit and I'll burn your Disney movies." Roman just chuckled lightly as he nodded making Virgil even more concerned considering just what it was he had threatened he didn't even get a glare. Virgil nudged the door open letting Roman walk in. The man instantly waled over to the chair by the wall and sat down with a sigh. Virgil tensed as he bit his lip, considering that was where king often sat beside the bed and his castle. Speaking of which...

Roman glanced over to see his castle still there and his eyes lit up. His hand went to his collar as he took a breath and just melted in the familiar feeling of Virgil's room. Some might think it was scary in here as he was Anxiety but the truth was... Roman's never actually felt anything but safe and calm in here. It was only when you leave the room did the anxiety hit you. 

"So... I know you said to ignore your presence but like... You're just fucking sitting there." Virgil mumbled awkwardly as Roman glanced up with a slight smile. Virgil sighed as he glanced around before his eyes met with his iPod. "Uh... Mus... um... do you maybe... I mean... what do you lik... Fuck." Virgil groaned as he hugged himself slightly trying to work through his thoughts. Roman simply followed the other's gaze finding the iPod on the dresser and beaming.

"Do you want to listen to music?" Virgil's eyes lit up as Roman jumped up with a soft chuckle. "Do you mind? Or will you burn my movies?" Roman teased slightly making Virgil flush a bit before just waving the prince off and laying back down. "Alright then." Roman took the iPod and set up the Bluetooth to the speakers he knew Virgil had before walking over and just laying on the floor with a deep content breath. He pressed play letting the sounds of Bastille and Marshmallows Happier spilled through the room. Virgil frowned as he quickly shot the prince a look only to falter seeing just how happy and content Roman was just laying there. Virgil gently pushed himself up and narrowed his eyes in confusion as he read the room feeling the blackened smog now practically completely gone.

"You seriously just wanted to... hang?" Roman nodded as he continued to just lay there with a smile listening to the music around him. "But I thought... I thought you... hated me."

"I don't hate you at all, Anxiety." Virgil was taken back as Roman turned slightly to look at him with his bright shining green eyes. "I just didn't know you."

"So what changed?" Roman faltered as his smile fell a little bit. His hand went to his collar as he sighed and looked back up at the ceiling. 

"A lot, Anx. A lot happened."