42

"Anxiety." Thomas sang as he rose up in the mindscape, a very livid Roman on his arm. "Anxipoo."

"Can you stop?" Roman mumbled glaring at the host trying to keep his calm as much as he could. "It sounds like you're teasing him."

"ANXIBODY!" Roman flared as Thomas just giggled and walked further into the 'living room'. Roman glanced around hoping to see something that could help him but nothing. It was just... a more Virgil-esk version of Thomas's living room. They should have sunk down from the bedroom... at least then they would actually be in his room and not... here. "YO EMOSTORM!"

"GO AWAY!" Thomas screamed jumping into Roman who just stood there with a done with it face. Virgil glared from the stares as he took in the scene. His eyes meeting with Roman before everything just crashed. "R-Ro?"

"Hey, Anx." Virgil's eyes flashed as he quickly shook his head running up the stairs only for Roman to run after him. The door slammed in his face as Roman knocked shakily on the door, that familiar crawling going down his spine. "Anxie?"

"GO AWAY! IT'S NOT YOU!" Roman's eyes went wide as he just sighed and leaned his head against the door with a sad smile. "It's not you. It's not. Roman's gone. He's gone. I broke him."

"I'm so sorry, Anxiety. I didn't even know what was going on. I just..."

"STOP IT! Just stop it. Stop trying to trick me. Please?" Roman's heart broke as he gently placed his hands to the door and lightly scratched it with a soft trilling sound. He could hear the slow hesitant footsteps slowly trailed back to the door as Roman made another trilling sound, purring right after as he knocked.

"I'm sorry, Anxie. I really am." Roman purred louder as he started to cry. "I don't know what happened. I just... I remember saying goodbye to you and then... falling asleep? I think? I don't know. Please... Please open the door."

"No."

"Anxie, please. I..." Roman cringed as he just knocked lightly on the door some more. "You know I can't stand being without you." Roman could see the nob twist slightly as he smiled to himself. "I don't like silence." The door opened to reveal Virgil standing there with tears in his eyes as Roman just let out a relieved breath. "I really am sorry, Anxie. I don't... I don't know what happened."

"Ro... Roman?" Roman nodded softly as he looked around obviously asking if he can come in. He never got his answer. No... Instead... "ROMAN!" Virgil threw himself into the prince who caught him with a slight stumble, taken back slightly by the sobbing Virgil was doing. He completely broke down in his arms. Virgil was a mess. His tears streamed down his face, dyed black by his make up, staining Roman's shirt not that either mattered about it at all. "R-Ro. Roman... Roman. Ro, I..."

"Hush, my love. It's ok." Virgil choked as his sobbing only got louder. Roman carefully brought Virgil over to the bed, carding his fingers through the other's hair as he just held him close. He couldn't deny that being with him again, being this close to him... felt amazing, even if it was for such a poor situation. Roman literally melted into Virgil, who gripped the other's shirt as tight as can be terrified it was a trick or that Roman wasn't staying. "I love you so much, Anxie. I'm so sorry."

"I... I hurt... I hurt you." Roman's eyes darkened as he pulled away and made Virgil look at him. He smiled softly at the trails of black on his face.

"Here." Roman's eyes flashed pink making Virgil's eyes go wide as the prince summoned a wet cloth. He dabbed it gently taking the black off his loves cheeks before letting his arms fall to his lap. "Anxiety, you did nothing wrong."

"I hurt you..."

"I hurt myself." Virgil frowned as Roman sighed. "Anx... I should have told you from the start, but I didn't. I should have explained what was happening to me when you shut me out... but I didn't. I... I don't know exactly what happened. I don't remember it. But... I do know that my magic took over and that was that. I'm so sorry."

"Roman you gave up." Roman's eyes darkened Virgil just shrugged. "You gave up waiting."

"I'd never stop waiting for you." Virgil faltered a bit as Roman shook his head fervently. "When it comes to you, Anx. I would go through anything. I would never give up on you... on us."

"You gave up on the pain, Roman." Roman deflated as he nodded in understanding. "Ro... I know you love me. I know you care, that... that you would never just leave me but... You gave up because I hurt you."

"Anx, no..."

"Yes, Roman." Virgil hugged himself as he started to shake. "I hurt you. I... I hurt you and Thomas and..."

"You hurt me more by not being there." Virgil froze up as Thomas and Roman both spoke up. The two sides glanced over to see Thomas leaning against the door with a soft understanding smile. "I kinda need you, you know. You keep me from doing stupid things... like the kiki challenge?"

"Don't you dare. Do you realize how dangerous that it? You could die. You could kill someone. You could..." Virgil stopped short as Roman took his hand in his. 

"Anx, please come home. Come back... To the mind palace..." Roman's eyes shined with a hope as Virgil noticed the shiver Roman tried to hide. "...to me?"

"You... You want me back?" Roman nodded as Virgil just sat there in shock. "But I... I hurt you. I thought..."

"Anxiety, I love you." Roman caressed Virgil's cheek lovingly as leaned in closer. "You're my everything. We both made mistakes. But none of them matter if we work to fix them... I'm not just going to give up on you... on us... I can't. I need you, Anx. I love you." Roman pulled him in further till they were nearly touching, giving Virgil plenty of time to pull away or tell him to stop. "Please, come back to me?"

"I..." Virgil sighed Roman gently pecked his lips. Not much of a kiss but it was impactful all the same. "I love you too, Roman." Roman melted entirely as he pulled Virgil in closing the distance as the two kissed. It was passionate and full of guilt and remorse but... love filled it just as much. As they pulled away the two were out of breath and just completely enthralled by the other. "Virgil." Roman frowned in confusion as Virgil just laughed. 

"What?"

"My name..." Roman's eyes went wide as Virgil trailed his hands through the prince's hair. "My name is Virgil. And yes..." Roman let out a soft relief filled gasp as Virgil just nodded and smiled. "I think I would very much love... to come back with you... My King."

"YAY!" Thomas beamed startling the two who had both honestly forgotten he was even there. "We got him back AND we got a name. Finally! Yes!"

"Thomas." Thomas paled as he looked over to see the sick smirk his anxiety had and he gulped. "I'd run... before I show you just why I'm the one in charge of your fears."

"Yes, sir." Thomas jumped as he ran out of the room making the other two just laugh. Roman turned back to his love as he blinked slowly and smiled. Virgil rolled his eyes as he leaned into him hearing the soft purr Roman was giving off.

"Is this... Is this real?" Roman chuckled lightly as Virgil hugged him tighter. "I'm not going to wake up to find all this was a dream right? Whether it was just this part... or all of it completely. It all happened right?"

"It's all real." Roman hummed as he pressed a soft kiss to his loves forehead. "I love you, Virgil."

"Really? I don't know." Virgil teased making Roman laugh. "Maybe if I heard it again."

"I love you. I love you. I love you." Roman practically chanted softly as he pecked Virgil's cheek repeatedly until he got down to his lips and paused. Their eyes met as Roman smiled and Virgil could see just how much Roman truly loved him. "I really do love you, Virgil. I love you more than anything."

"Than kiss me and shut up."