9

"Ok so... I've been a very bad pet parent." Virgil groaned sadly. Roman frowned in confusion as he tilted his head a bit just watching as Virgil paced around a bit. "You've been here for a week and I have yet to get you any proper pet things. You're eating off a small plate like... no. Just no." Virgil tensed as he looked back only to smile seeing how attentive Roman was. "I just wanted you to get used to me and this room before I started getting things and crowding the place. Plus I wanted to get a feel for your personality."

'But you already know me, Anxiety... or well, actually you don't, do you.' Roman sighed as he carefully jumped off the bed and just pattered over to the other who plopped onto the floor criss-cross.

"Obviously we need to get you a food and water dish. You need our own bowls... not human ones." Roman nodded in understanding and Virgil glanced off to the side. "You should also have some toys. Yes, that adds a trip factor but I usually keep my room pretty clean so depending on the amount of toys you should be good." Virgil's eyes lit up as he pointed over to this one corner by the fridge. "I could set up a kitty-corner. What do you say?" Roman's eyes went wide as Virgil smiled. "I could get a tower and some scratching posts. Maybe a nice bed and tubes for you to run around in. You haven't really been doing much but I can tell you're a feisty one. Considering how fast you ran under the bed."

'I'm... feisty?' Roman frowned in confusion as he watched Virgil slowly get up again to measure everything out. Virgil walked over to the pile of created things from the other day and he frowned.

"I still have to get rid of all this stuff." 

'Just take them to my room.' Roman laughed as he shook his head 'My room is directly connected to the hub of creativity. It doesn't matter who you are if you're in there you can create whatever you want. It's also a way to dismiss creations back into energy.' Roman yawned lightly before rolling over onto his back and batting the air. 'Anx, I'm bored. I've never been stuck this long in a single room in my life. Not unless I was writing or planning. Can't we do something... active?'

"It also might be a nice treat to have some catnip around too."

'Oh no. I am not going anywhere near that drug for felines.' Roman pouted as he flicked his tail angrily. 'I am still a Prince. I refuse. Besides... I'm not a real cat. I won't affect me any.'

"We'll also have to get a proper cat pan." Both Roman and Virgil grimaced as the first rolled back onto his feet with a slight growl. 

'Don't remind me.' Roman tottled over the chair he had summoned before and smiled as he sat with this look in his eyes. Virgil smirked as he leaned back against his hands.

"You know I'm also going to have to get you a collar." Roman's ears perked as his eyes went wide. He quickly hissed and ran under the bed making Virgil laugh as he carefully peeked back out with his ears pressed down. "Seriously? All because I said you'd have to wear a collar?"

'I am royalty.' Roman whined as his tail twitched slightly. He shifted his weight as he pressed against the floor all while Virgil laid down and rolled onto his stomach just to smile over at the cat with his head in his hands. 'I am not a pet.'

"You are going to have to wear a collar." Roman whined louder rolling onto his back as if throwing a tantrum making Virgil break down in giggles. "You are such a drama queen!" Roman smiled as he rolled over completely and swished his tail with a tilt of the head. Virgil's eyes went wide as he slowly sat back up in thought. "Drama queen... or... Drama king." Roman made his way out sitting right in front of the other with this look of confusion as Virgil just smiled. "What if I named you King?"

'But I have a name.' Roman frowned slightly as Virgil gently scratching his head. 'My name is Roman.'

"Would you like that, little one? Would you like it if your name is King?"

'But I'm not a king... I'm a prince... named Roman.' Roman pouted slightly as he made a sort of rumbly whine that caught Virgil's attention.

"Oh, come now, your majesty." Roman froze as he looked up meeting Virgil's eyes as the other just smiled. "I don't just call anyone royal. You have to earn the title." Roman quirk a brow as Virgil pet him softly. "If I'm giving you the name King... It's because I see you as one."

'But... Anxiety... You're the one that first started calling me Princey.' Roman just sat there stunned as Virgil continued to pet and scratch him. He couldn't help but melt into the affection and soon he was purring as he smiled softly to himself.

"My king..." Roman purred loudly with a deep and powerful rumble as he rubbed gently against Virgil's hand making the other beam at the act. "I'll take that as you like the name then. That's it. Now I'm definitely getting you a collar with a crown on it and your name embroidered on the side. You'd look so cute. The epitome of feline royalty." Virgil groaned with a laugh as he moved his hand away making Roman frown in confusion. "Jesus if Princey heard this he'd go ape shit."

'Uh... well... I'm not so...' Roman laughed internally as he rolled over onto his back twisting slightly to look like his pawing at the other. 'But I do find it really funny... and I won't be letting this drop any time soon.'

"I should just be happy Roman isn't here to hear it then." Virgil smiled as he got up and stretched. "Now let's get some things moved. Then I can figure out how exactly I'm going to get this stuff for you."

'I already told you, Anx.' Roman meowed softly as he just twisted about a bit making Virgil chuckle. 'You can get whatever you want by summoning it in my room.'