chapter two

"Oh, right" Lisa laughed and reached out, feeling the woman's eyes on her again, analyzing every move she made as she reached back, "I'm Lisa, nice to meet you Jane" Lisa said and quickly retrieved her hand away, catching the woman smirking while lowering her head. Well, she definitely was confident, with how she looked that's exactly what she should be, anyone would be if they looked like Jane did. Maybe that was what intimidated Lisa, that and the cat eyes looming over her. The night was for sure different than she expected, she was starting to drink as well but not to the extent that her friends did. Everyone was getting lit. Chaeyoung wa grinding on Jisoo on the dance floor, Andrew and Irene right next to them Tae living it all by himself, all eyes on him as he solo danced. Her eyes landed on Jane who was way too focused on her phone, eyes never leaving that bright as screen. Maybe she didn't enjoy partying that much, and Lisa could relate.

"Have you known Chaeng for long?" Lisa spoke up, swallowing hard when the pair of eyes looked up from the screen, locking with hers instantly. Leaving her phone aside, Jane placed her elbows on the table, nodding her head and choosing not to talk. Lisa could see how intense her eyes were looking at her, she wasn't blind yet that didn't seem to stop her at all. "So, what major in psychology?" Lisa spoke up again, this time looking over at her friends knowing that the way those eyes looked at her were starting to bother her a little bit. "Perceptual psychology" Jane spoke up, her raspy voce traveling to Lisa's ears, the woman looking back at her right away, the same look once again. "There's just something about how people think... It intrigues me." Jane said in the same tone as before, Lisa nodding and trying her best to figure out how can someone intimidate someone else with a simple look. "Isn't that scary?" Lisa engaged in the conversation and turned her whole body so she could face her, interested to see if Jane would keep up her stare if she looked back at her.

"Only interesting" the woman said and Lisa felt shivers going down her spine even though the club was jam packed and the heat was out the roof yet Lisa was feeling cold sweat forming on her forehead. A smirk appeared on the woman's lips as soon as Lisa looked away again, Jane's eyes scanning Lisa's entire figure, analyzing the shit of her on the spot. Lisa had completely zoned out while looking in the distance, pretending to be looking at her friends just so she couldn't give any rights to the woman to look at her. Something about those eyes screamed danger to Lisa, or maybe it was the fact that they had that cat like shape, the vibrant brown colour that she doesn't remember seeing before, or it was the way she was showing off her confidence and the way she talked. And then she snapped out of it, a figure dressed in black appearing in front of her eyes, Lisa focusing on who was in front of her and feeling her breath being caught up in her throat.

"Yes girl!" Lisa heard Andrew yell in excitement when Jane approached all of them, the girl following the music and not hesitating to dance in the most sensual way possible but as if that wasn't enough she wanted to make eye contact with the only member of the group that wasn't joining them, Lisa knowing well that the woman clearly didn't know she was engaged, maybe if she knew she would stop all those flirtatious things. Just watching her looking back at her Lisa felt guilt, she had become so uncomfortable that she wanted to get out of there as soon as possible. "What caught your attention?" Jisoo's voice caught her off guard, her eyes switching from the woman in front of her to Jisoo who was now sitting next to her. "Chaeyoung has some weird friends" Lisa said and let out a nervous laughter, taking her eyes off the woman completely, Jisoo following her friend's gaze and laughing when she realized what Lisa had been looking at. "She's smoking hot, that's what she is Lisa" Jisoo pointed out, gasping when she noticed that Jane, Chaeyoung's friend was still looking at her friend.

"Scratch that, what she is is into you" Jisoo laughed but soon stopped when she noticed how Lisa was looking at her, pointing at the ring on her finger that was shining under the lights of the club. "And what I am is engaged" Lisa responded in the same way Jisoo had talked, using the same words to get her message across, taking a sip from her drink. "That was fucking crazy," Chaeyoung's voice filled their ears, most of the group coming back to the table, Lisa daring to look up her eyes landing on Jane placing her hair behind her shoulders, the sweat running down her face. "I'm afraid I'll have to go" The woman said and started gathering her things, throwing a look at Lisa before turning to Chaeyoung, wrapping her arms around her friend and wishing her a happy birthday once again. "Wait, how are you going to go back home? We're in Itaweon" Chaeyoung pointed out and Jane was ready to talk when Jisoo stopped her. "Lisa should take you, she's the only one with a car"