chapter sixty

Don't you just love it when the weather is not nice at all? When it rains or snows and the sound of the weather turning bad is so relaxing in a way? I've learned to like that type of weather more lately, it's a safe way to convince Lisa to stay in the house. We've been doing better, both of us, as better as we can of course. Yeah my heart aches to see her suffer that much, to understand that she's not herself anymore, but with my job being what it is I try my best to be there both as a psychologist but also a normal human as well. What Lisa doesn't need at all is another type of doctor on her head, what she needs is someone to lean on, someone that won't expect to get something out of this situation, someone that will treat her as a normal human being. A healthy one.

Things are going better, she had her fourth chemo session yesterday and... Maybe her body just got used to getting through that shock that ends up leaving Lisa sleeping for hours and hours on end during the day. She looks even more energetic than she was all the other times, she even asked me to go on a walk today just because she had the need to see the world again but not through a glass pane, her own eyes. That would be nice if it wasn't snowing, but we did it anyway just because she wouldn't shut up about it which is fine as long as she agrees on walking in one of the warm cafe places around our block. Looking up from her phone where she had been typing her thoughts away all this time, Jennie's eyes fell on Lisa's figure, her head tilted against the window pane while her eyes innocently look at the snow covered street now.