chapter twenty eight

"Maybe I liked you since day one, maybe I'm just a liar, I guess we'll never know"

"Lisa? Hello? I am talking to you" Evelyn's voice brought Lisa back to reality, the blonde woman snapping her fingers in front of Lisa's face to catch her attention again. "Do you want the grey or the blue ones?" Evelyn asked and pointed at the magazine in front of them, Lisa's eyes following her fiance's finger that pointed between the two choices they had. In reality Lisa didn't want any of them but it's not like she could say that unless she wanted her head to get cut off by Evelyn. She should be feeling bad for letting the woman organize everything but she wasn't allowed to actually choose or join the organization party at all. "I don't know, the grey ones look kind of cool" Lisa said and picked up her mug, bringing it close to her lips and sipping some of her coffee. She had just woken up, this wasn't the best time to be making wedding arrangements but still, she didn't really have a say in this anyway.

"Good, let me go and make some phone calls" Evelyn said and got up soon disappearing into the bedroom and closing the door behind her. Taking a deep breath and closing her palms around the still hot coffee Lisa looked out of the window only to come across to a rainy day. It would soon get stormy, after the heatwave that hit Seoul it was the only logical thing to follow. Looking back down at the table her eyes landed on her phone, her screen lighting up and Lisa grabbing it as quickly as humanly possible. Lately she had been so busy with running around Seoul but making small trips to Busan as well, driving Evelyn around so she could look at different locations for a wedding ceremony, even if she couldn't suggest anything she still had to be the blonde's taxi driver. The last time she talked to Jennie must have been only a couple of days ago when she went over to her apartment, the day that she felt her heart crack in two pieces.

Missed calls, 3. Lisa read and placed her phone back down wondering whether she should call back or if she should text or even do nothing to respond whatsoever. Lisa was just confused, she wanted to talk to her and go over to see her but there were things that she couldn't quite understand yet and she was not sure if she wanted to. Her screen lit up once again, her heart stopping one more time when she saw Jennie's name written on her phone. "Can you please pick up?" Lisa read and stayed there looking at her phone for good five minutes thinking again if she should call her back or text her, she couldn't avoid her and she didn't want to avoid her, it was just complicated in her head, things hadn't really calmed down since the four days that they spent at Hawaii. Jennie's text reminded her of the ones that she had sent her that night, when Jennie got up and left the restaurant and went back to the hotel, the message was similar and Lisa could tell that Jennie was actually being serious.

"Fuck it," Lisa said and called her immediately, her phone resting next to her ear as it rang waiting for Jennie to pick up this time. And she did, the call connected and Lisa's knees got weak as soon as it did. She wasn't the one to speak solely because she wanted to hear her voice first. "Hey, sorry for calling so many times" was the first thing that Jennie said, the word sorry finding its way out of Jennie's mouth way too much lately. "It's okay, is everything okay?" Lisa was quick to respond immediately hearing a deep breath coming from the other side of the phone when she spoke. "Yeah, I just... I was wondering if you have time to spare again" Jennie said and let out a laughter that was resembling a nervous laughter. "I just finished with work..." Jennie spoke up again but soon lost her words, pausing for a moment and leaving Lisa wondering of what she was going to say later.

"Do you wanna come over?" Jennie gathered up the courage to ask, her voice slightly shaky but still stable enough to be audible and clear. A huge grin appeared on Lisa's face as soon as the words left Jennie's mouth, a grin that she couldn't control at all and she didn't know why, she just felt genuinely happy to have heard that offer coming from Jennie's side. It really sounded like the woman was asking her out on a date even if that wasn't the case at all. "You don't have to say yes, I'm not like pressuring you or something," Jennie added before Lisa could answer causing a laughter to rush through Lisa. Flustered and nervous Jennie was a rare kind of Jennie and Lisa loved every second of it even though she didn't always show it. The times she did she regretted it since Jennie was quick to change it so she wouldn't give Lisa any chances to see who she can be at times.