chapter ten

Jennie.

This was way too difficult to take off her mind. It felt terrible, all of it was just a big mess and the worst part about it? Lisa didn't regret it as much as she thought she would. The guilt of ignoring her calls and her texts that were coming in every day was much bigger than anything else. Lisa blames her head for this, overthinking and taking things in other ways when the word "game" was said too many times by that woman that didn't seem to leave her alone. She looked for answers within herself just like Jisoo did every time that she would see Lisa. She was disappointed in her, Lisa could tell that the way that he friend was looking at her had changed the past few days after what went down in Jennie's apartment.

The thought of Jisoo talking to Chaeyoung about this was killing her but she was sure that this had already happened. There was no way that those two hadn't discussed it between them behind her back but Lisa had no right to be mad or anything close to that, she did worse things than talk behind someone's back. Looking at her phone that was resting next to her, Lisa exhaled deeply when she saw that she had no notification coming up her heart sinking in her stomach instantly. "Great," She said to herself and pushed her phone away, rubbing her eyes with her hands and letting her back rest on the chair. Who could warn her? Absolutely no one could have warned her about all of this, all the thoughts and the things she did, no one could predict them or stop them.

Lisa was driven by pure need, end of story. It started like a need to take out frustrations and having a break but in the end of the day Lisa couldn't help but wonder... Was that really the reason or a lame excuse to go through with all of it? God damn you.

"Good morning cheater!" Jisoo said while pushing the door of Lisa's office, her eyes falling on Lisa who had been working on editing a few of he videos she had shot with her team the day before. Looking up from where she was sitting she just kept being silent, this "joke" had been going on for almost four days now and it has been getting particularly annoying and she couldn't say anything or ask her to stop. She had no right to do so. "Still working?" Jisoo asked and sat on the chair right across from Lisa, looking at the small award that she ended up winning after all. Lisa simply nodded while eeping her eyes low, focused on her screen not paying much attention to her best friend. "Looking for a new prey? Or is that Jane's job?" Jisoo spoke up again, Lisa hitting her palm on the desk as the sound that it made echoed in the minimalistic office. "I'm working" Lisa said and felt her palm aching, turning red from hitting it on the desk.

Jisoo didn't feel good about taunting Lisa like that, it was hurting her as well but she hated cheaters. After being heated on in her life she couldn't deal with them even if that "them" referred to Lisa her best friend as well. "Are you free tonight?" Jisoo asked, her voice and her tone calmer than before but even now Lisa didn't seem to find the courage to look at her, the fact that her best friend came to find out what was happening for almost the whole month now... It was making Lisa sick to her stomach. "Manoban, you're doing it again" Her friend sighed and her foot kicked Lisa lightly just soo she could get her attention. "What?" Lisa said, eyes never leaving her screen as she spoke up, moving her body so Jisoo couldn't reach her. "Ignoring me without realizing it" Jisoo laughed, relaxing on her chair when Lisa looked at her with an empty look on her face. "You're wrong, I am ignoring you on purpose" Lisa spat out and saw her laptop screen being closed.

"You're my best friend," Lisa started off and chose to ignore that she Jisoo was pissed, almost as pissed as she was even though she thought it'd be better not to show it. "I didn't ask you to understand, but stop this please" Lisa sighed, her chest getting heavy once again while she tried to look her friend in the eyes. It wouldn't be right to say that she didn't want to do what she did, she would be lying if she said that Jennie didn't make her feel... Different. "It's wrong, trust me I know" Lisa said and pulled herself closer to her desk, her stomach touching the wooden surface as she leaned closer. "But... She's different unnie..." Lisa explained or tried to at least since she knew that there was no way in hell Jisoo would understand. Shaking her head Jisoo exhaled deeply, closing her eyes and leaning her head backwards in order to take in what she was hearing. "Do you like her?" Jisoo asked all of a sudden, her eyes staring right at the ceiling of the room they were in before turning to her best friend. "I-I should like her for doing something like that" Lisa stuttered while moving her body nervously, shifting on the chair she was sitting the same time that Jisoo did.