chapter nine

"Do I look good?" Lisa asked and she looked over her shoulder, her eyes falling on Evelyn that was getting ready as well, the woman smiling and nodding at the same time making Lisa feel excited for the event that was coming up. She had been waiting for that moment for so many months now, she had been training and training both herself but also the members of her dance team. It was a big deal to win the finals of the national dance competition, not only would it satisfy her and make her proud of herself but it would also appeal so many other people to follow her and sign up to be in her team. "I'm so damn nervous," Lisa said and looked herself in the mirror, fixing the shirt she was wearing and slightly tucking it in her pants, always giving her touch on everything she was wearing. "You shouldn't, you did very well." Evelyn said and approached Lisa, helping her tuck the rest of the shirt in the waist of her pants, Lisa looking down as a memory flashed in her head.

"You're right," Lisa smiled and she felt her fiance's arms snake around her waist, hugging her and resting her head on Lisa's back, the woman staying still and trying to understand where all the feelings she had for Evelyn had gone. It's not the first time she noticed within those two weeks, in fact she was noticing even more as more days passed. The more she met up with Jennie the more things changed for some reason even though this was supposed to be a stupid game, a break, a way for her to walk out of the real for a couple of hours maybe days... Or weeks. "I know the person I'm marrying" Evelyn smiled and poked at Lisa's stomach, the woman laughing while Lisa felt her knees getting weak as hell, barely supporting her at this point. She was right, she was going to get married and then... What? Would she pretend like it never happened?

"Are Chaeyoung and Jisoo coming?" Evelyn asked and Lisa stayed silent, coming back to reality and making eye contact with her fiance through the mirror, nodding and throwing her cardigan on her body, adjusting it on her and clearing her throat. "I'll be waiting outside, alright?" The woman asked one more question, Lisa nodding again and watching Evelyn walk out their bedroom, her heart racing as she rushed to her phone, picking it up in her hand and calling Jennie immediately, regretting her move almost immediately. What the hell was she doing? Why was she calling her again? They hadn't even talked for two whole days straight and she was calling her as soon as she got just a little bit stressed? Maybe she really had become her stress relief pill after all. "Lisa?" Jennie's voice came up, the call ringing almost three times before it was picked up, Lisa looking at the door making sure that Evelyn was not around.

"Hey, um, how are you?" Lisa asked, her voice cutting off a little bit, her heart racing for reasons that she couldn't really understand at all. "I'm fine, are you okay?" The woman reversed the question, her voice having that simple and innocent tone that could make Lisa melt on the spot, Lisa's stomach turning as she brought back the short conversation that she had with Evelyn. "Yeah, I just..." Lisa spoke but soon paused, thinking of what she should say but coming up with nothing. She didn't even know why she even called in the first place, she just felt that urge to do so and so... She kind of did without thinking about it. "What?" Jennie asked through the phone, Lisa taking a moment to think but pressing down the one thing that came up in her head. She couldn't, she just could not, what would Jennie say? "I... I missed you" Lisa sighed into the phone and for a moment all she heard was silence.

"Too bad for you," Jennie answered and she almost regretted being so harsh on her, yet she didn't see a point in saying something that would go completely over Lisa's head, especially something that she didn't feel the need to say without feeling it. "Something else that you'd want to share?" Jennie asked and her tone had completely changed by now, her chest heavy but not filled with so many regrets , at least not so many when it came to Lisa, she couldn't say the same when it came to other things or people. "No, I have to go" Lisa said, her hand clenching into a fist as she hang up, throwing her phone on the bed and walking out where Evelyn waiting for her, Jisoo and Chaeyoung right there standing by her fiance probably waiting for her. Judging from the way that Jisoo was looking at her something was up and she was not going to tell her at least not until the ceremony was over. Lisa could tell. "Everything okay?" Jisoo was the one to talk, Lisa nodding and buttoning her cardigan, avoiding any eye contact with her friend, heading to the door and opening it up.