chapter sixty one

"You need to relax, breathe Lisa, breathe," Jisoo said and fixed the suit that Lisa was wearing, her frail figure being painted on the mirror in front of her, her best friend's presence making everything just a little bit less nerve wracking. This was definitely something that came out of nowhere, a decision that had been made in such a childish way that no one saw it coming. After what happened to Lisa that day, the infection that had ruined her plan of getting the chemotherapy done, the older woman felt like she had to rush other things in her life. If she had told Jennie the reason why she wanted to do that she probably wouldn't make it out of the hospital, she would have died right there and then and the cause of death would be Jennie herself. It all happened so quickly that she doesn't even remember how the conversation even started, but one thing was important, Jennie didn't disagree with the rushed idea of actually getting married in a city hall.

"Are your parents coming after all?" Jisoo asked and paused for a moment to look at Lisa in the eyes, her friend shaking her head while looking down, a sad expression on her face suddenly. "They're still mad that I didn't let them know about the cancer part," Lisa sighed and looked up again, her eyes meeting Jisoo's through the mirror once again, a slight smile on her lips as she tried to keep her positivity even through this. "I really hope to see them there though," Lisa added after a while and finally managed to get a hold of herself, taking a deep breath and gathering her strength she turned around to come face to face with Jisoo who could only smile at her. "What?" Lisa asked and turned around to check herself one more time thinking that there was something wrong with her outfit and maybe that is why Jisoo was smiling like an idiot.

"Am I too much? You think she won't like it?" Lisa started stressing even more than she was before, which was totally against the rules that she had set for herself after what happened every time she would faint due to the stress she was feeling combined with the exhaustion that her body was going through the past month. "No stupid, I'm not smiling because you look like a fool. I just never thought I'd be able to see you as happy as you are today." Jisoo admitted and covered her face for a moment, Lisa standing in front of her in aw, this must have been the first time in her entire life that she was seeing Jisoo, the rock of the group, cry or attempt to cry. The oldest starting waving her hands all over the place trying her best to prevent the tears from ruining her make up. "You're both the craziest people I know, who the hell decides to get married just like that?" Jisoo laughed instead of crying turning it upside down just so she could lighten up the mood, Lisa chuckling as well while taking a last good look at her own self, the clothes she was wearing hanging loose from her body.

"Stupid kids in love and full grown adults that love each other to death," Lisa joked, her heart starting to race again as she remembered what she was about to do, where she would go and who was going to wait for her there. "Jennie and I, we're a combination of that for sure. I really love her unnie, it sounds stupid but... I think I'm gonna pass out if I see her stand in front of me there, my mind won't be able to comprehend how stunning she will be." Lisa started talking again voicing her nervousness and worries to her best friend who was full on crying now while looking at Lisa and listening to what she was saying about her fellow friend who was with Chaeyoung to the woman's apartment getting ready. "If I did not want to be with her forever I wouldn't decide to marry her just like that, I would not set a date with her out of nowhere. Right?" Lisa asked and turned to look at Jisoo who was cleaning up the mascara under her eyes while cussing under her breath.

"I swear to God Manoban if you don't stop with your cute ass words you won't make it out the door," Jisoo warned her in the most playful way possible causing a loud laughter to come out of Lisa's mouth, the woman's hands immediately looking for something to hold onto so she wouldn't lose her balance. Both her and Jennie had agreed on holding the wedding event on a day that Lisa wouldn't be affected by the chemo and coincidentally enough she couldn't have any more sessions since her system had that infection going on. It was even more dangerous to go out or to come into contact with a lot of people that's why she chose to have only the closest people to them there with her. As much as she didn't want to admit it this infection was making it even harder for her to move around and actually be energetic than the chemo did alone.