chapter sixty five

The bright light that was falling on her face was making it hard for her to open her eyes, the thought of something not going as good as she thought it was was killing her on the inside. This was her second check up after New Year's and she was kind of hoping that the infection wouldn't be just "partially" gone but permanently gone this time. Having Jennie with her in the same room was only making things more stressful even though she had decided on stepping in for encouraging Lisa more. "So?" Lisa asked with her tongue still sticking out, the woman that was inspecting her throat all this time stepping back and turning the light off , Lisa's heart stopping when she heard her sigh a little bit, Jennie getting up to approach the chair that Lisa was sitting on.

"Is there something wrong? I did everything you told me," Lisa started panicking just by thinking that she would have to push back her treatment even more, all of the plans that she had made with Jennie were now disappearing from her view. "Well, I must say I have both good and better news," The doctor said and sat down on the stool next to the chair, her eyes being able to notice the anxiety that had taken over both Lisa and Jennie, the younger one holding her wife's hand in order to comfort her. "The good news is that the infection is gone and the better news that you won't have to see me every week from now on," The doctor said and she could feel the immediate change of aura in the hospital room, both Lisa's and Jennie's faces lit up and it was times like this that she loved the job that she was doing.

"No offense but I'm really happy that I'll get to see you every other week" Lisa admitted causing all of them to burst into laugher from how natural she sounded. A piercing sound filled the entire room, a ringing sound that could only be described as Jennie's ringtone echoing in the pure white room. "Excuse me for a moment," Jennie smiled at the doctor and leaned down to leave a kiss on Lisa's cheek before she could step out of the room, her phone next to her ear as she waited for whoever called her to speak up. "Ms Kim? It's Evan," Jennie heard the so familiar voice coming through from the other side, her heart sinking immediately. This could either be good news or the worst that she could hear, calling her after all of them knew that she was taking time off due to a personal and important reason she really thought something bad had went down.

"Hey, is everything okay?" Jennie asked and leaned against the wall, her eyes occasionally looking over her shoulder in case Lisa had walked out or if the doctor needed her for something even though her wife was the patient. "Jamie... They need you back Doc," Evan's words hit her like a wall, Jennie's knees buckling a little once she heard the name Jamie and the sentence "they need you," coming from her co-worker's mouth. "What about Jamie? What happened?" Jennie asked slightly panicking, a visual of the girl coming to her mind as she felt her heart beating faster and faster. "She tried escaping the hospital Doc, she tried leaving again and she won't talk to anyone else other than you. That's what she said. I didn't want to bother you because I know partially the reason you are away, but... We've hit a dead end." Evan said and his words hit Jennie one by one, every word feeling like a brick hitting her from behind. Lisa was in the room next to her getting ready and informed about her next treatments and now she... She was being called to return to New Zealand.

"Give me this weekend, I'll get back to you by the end of Sunday okay?" Jennie managed to say before hanging up, her hands slightly shaking since she realized that she would have to leave again. It may not be a long time but... Lisa needed her and she had just accepted the fact that she indeed needs Jennie's help. How was she supposed to get up and leave now? Now that things are programmed to go better than they were going all this time. Her heart was pounding painfully slow against her chest, her eyes closing for a moment as she tried taking in what had just happened out of nowhere. It's not like she would never go back to work not that she didn't want to go back, it's simply the fact that she can't do it now that she has to overlook Lisa and make sure that she is... She is okay, both physically and mentally too.