chapter fifty four

Seoul was more beautiful than she remembered, the cold wind that hit her face as she stepped out of the taxi reminded her of all the times that she would go out on her balcony and she would feel the exact same thing. Nostalgic, that's how she felt right at that moment as she walked down the street next to the train station her heart slightly beating out of her chest. Taking a deep breath she pulled the backpack that was hanging from her back up a little more, her hands getting a good grip of it as she kept walking. Hitting shuffle play on her phone she took the time to look around one more time, spotting the small place that she used to visit every time she would be coming back from her class at the University. "Seoul, you've never looked prettier" She said to herself and pushed the glass door open, the smell of muffins and coffee hitting her immediately.

"Good morning," she heard the lady in front of her greet her with the warmest and purest smile that she had seen coming from a stranger in a while. That was a plus, Korean people and especially people that lived in Seoul were at least polite and always had a smile on their face. "What can I give you?" The woman asked again when she spotted the black haired woman looking through her options and then scanning the glass that kept her away from the food on display. "Four of those, the black and pink muffins," the woman said and pointed at the muffins that had caught her eyes from the moment she approached the glass thing. "And a black coffee," the woman said and took a step back from the counter, making room for the rest of the people that would want to order immediately getting lost in her phone.

And her heart started beating like crazy again, her palms sweaty at the thought of what she was going to do. A rush of energy hit her and she couldn't do anything about it, just reading the first message that popped into her phone as soon as she deactivated airplane mode she could feel her whole body reacting to it. "I just woke up, it's early here, text me when you see this."

                                          -Lisa (6:39AM)

Jennie read and looked up from her screen after checking the time on her phone, four hours had passed since Lisa's last text which reassured her that the woman was probably at work at this time. It would make sense since she usually got up at 7, ate breakfast while Jennie had her late dinner and then she would go to the studio. That was their routine, Lisa would get to work by the time that Jennie would have already finished hers, the few hours time difference they had wasn't always on their side but there were some where both of them benefitted from it.

"Ma'am, your order is ready," the lady's voice reached her ears again, Jennie looking at her direction and immediately feeling her heart stopping and her lungs gasping for air at the same time. Swallowing hard she waited for the woman in front of her to turn around, going up to her was not an option since she wanted to be prepared for anything. Taking one step so it looked like she was approaching in order to receive her order Jennie soon came face to face with Jisoo, the older woman almost dropping everything when she saw her. "Hey," Jennie said while Jisoo looked at her with her mouth hanging open, her arms opening immediately to pull Jennie into a tight embrace, the tightest hug she ever got from her older friend. "Oh my God, what are you doing here?" Jisoo asked and let go of Jennie who grabbed her things and payed quickly before she got pulled by Jisoo to the side, the two of them standing in one of the corners.

"It was Valentine's day a week ago and I just got the chance of coming here," Jennie explained and smiled to herself immediately feeling Jisoo doing the one thing she missed doing the most, pinching Jennie's chubby cheeks that had become her thing when Jennie lived in Seoul still. "I missed you all so much," Jennie sighed and let the bag hang from her arm, using her other one to hug Jisoo who didn't say no, in fact she didn't even move, she just stood there enjoying the time that she got to spend with Jennie who she hadn't seen in almost six months now. "We missed you too, a lot," Jisoo smiled back, jumping on the spot when she felt her back pocket vibrate, Chaeyoung's name appearing on her screen. "Don't tell her I'm here, let it be a surprise" Jennie winked and took a sip from her steaming hot coffee while Jisoo took the call, the older woman walking a few steps away from Jennie.