chapter twenty two

It was only the second day and it was already a mess. Lisa couldn't focus on anything that was happening on their table where all of them had breakfast. Her head was too occupied thinking about how much of an asshole she was and how bad she must have made Jennie feel. Time had kind of stopped for her the moment she was forced to walk out of the woman's room. The worst part of all was that they had rooms right next to each other so there was no way she wouldn't bump into her at some point while they would be in the hotel. For some reason she felt like the worst person alive, like she had broken the heart of the person she was supposed to protect which was not even close to reality. She would love to try and talk to Jennie one more time but she doubted that the woman would be willing to let her anywhere near her again.

Looking down at her plate that was still pretty much full she kept playing with the rice on the side. Lisa couldn't eat anything either, her stomach was turning making it difficult for her to actually put anything in it. Evelyn had tried asking her if she was okay or if she needed to rest but Lisa was able to come up with her excuses each and every one time, going up to their room would only make it worse since she knew that Jennie was only a door away from her. Looking up from her plate Lisa's eyes fell on Jisoo who was sitting right across from her, the woman analyzing every move and every deep exhale that Lisa made. She knew, she knew every damn thing and she could read her within seconds so what was the point to even try and hide it from her? She could see that Lisa was lost in between two worlds, two realities and she was unable to pull herself out of that situation.

Who was she even kidding? She didn't want to be saved, she didn't want to be pulled out and dragged away from the situation yet she managed to do it perfectly all by herself. If she could turn the time back a few hours she would, Lisa was pretty sure that she would go back so she could keep her mouth shut and hopefully keep Jennie on her side as well. "Isn't your friend going to join us?" Evelyn spoke up next to Lisa earning a few confused and shocked glances from both Jisoo and Lisa herself as well while Chaeyoung simply shook her head. "I suggested the idea but she was tired from last night" The woman explained with a mischievous smile on her lips her teeth biting down on the chicken she had pierced with her fork. "Someone got lucky last night, that's all I'm going to say" Chaeyoung laughed, her sentence causing Lisa's stomach to turn one more time and her knees to get weaker.

"Jane is a player," Chaeyoung felt the need to explain her previous statement as soon as Evelyn shot her a look of confusion Lisa's fiancé gasping in response. While this interaction was going strong between her best friend and her soon to be wife Lisa was focused on Jisoo who could see that something was completely off with the whole situation. Even if she didn't entirely support Lisa's choice to see Jennie while being engaged to Evelyn she knew that she had to be on Lisa's side no matter what her choices were, they still where her own choices of how she wanted to pursue her life. "You girls chat, Lisa want to join me outside for some fresh air?" Jisoo asked and her eyes locked with Lisa's immediately her best friend nodding as she got up from her seat.

Once outside, Jisoo pulled a small packet from her back pocket earning a surprised look from Lisa's side. "I didn't know you smoke" Lisa confessed and let out a small laughter  turning serious pretty quickly. Going outside and getting away from the whole stressful situation was probably the best thing that Jisoo could have done for her. "I don't but I'm sure we both need it now" the woman said and offered Lisa one, her best friend not even denying it at this point, there were many more things that could hurt her besides smoking one cigarette. "Now, care to share why you look like the world came to an end?" Jisoo joked and lit up the cigarette on her lips inhaling the smoke that travelled down to her lungs and back out. "You're going to hate me," Lisa sighed and took the lighter from her friend's hand lighting up her cigarette as well, inhaling more smoke than the amount she ended up blowing back out.