chapter thirty two

~~~~

She didn't know what she had put herself into, she just knew that she has screwed up so much. Looking herself in the mirror of her living room she didn't know who she was looking at, she couldn't recognize the person in front of her. Whether it was because of who she had become or because of the lack of emotions in her eyes, Jennie didn't know yet. Her heart almost stopped when she heard the loudest knock coming from her front door again and again, her knees getting weaker which was the closest thing to feeling something lately. Isolating herself after what happened at the University was the worst and the best thing that she could have done to herself. Approaching the door she didn't even look to see who it was, assuming it was Chaeyoung she simply opened up. "Long time no see" a man's voice greeted her, a cold sweat covering her whole body instantly.

"What are you doing here?" Jennie asked and tried to close the door on him when his hand reached out to prevent her from doing so. She could tell that his eyes, the same eyes that she had looked at so many times before, were now different than she remembered. How could they not be different? This whole mess wasn't just a shitty situation for her but also for him as well. "You need to leave" Jennie said and pushed the door harder but her strength was nothing compared to his power. With one hard push he managed to open the door enough for him to walk in the apartment, Jennie being pushed back along with the door, ending up stumbling over and hitting the floor of her own apartment. "I lost my job because of you, it's all your fault do you know that?" He spat out and closed the door behind him, Jennie's heart beating out of her chest from how scared she was. 

"I didn't throw myself on you, I never did that" Jennie dared to speak up but she doubted that he would even listen to her, the smell of alcohol quickly reached her nostrils which only made the whole situation worse and more dangerous. She didn't only have an angry man with more strength than her in her apartment but he was also drunk, the night was predictable. "We're both adults, we both know what we did and what we didn't do. Don't put the blame on me," Jennie raised her voice and pushed herself up again now being on the same height as he was. It had been a short amount of time that this had been going on. If you asked Jennie she only remembers talking to him while she was out one night and the next thing she knows is that they started seeing each other. She had no idea he was married and working in the same university that she was studying at. And she regrets ever showing any type of emotions to him.

"How was I supposed to know things you never told me about?" Jennie asked and pushed him backwards instantly wishing she never touched him when he grabbed her arms. She wasn't ready for what was to come, she didn't expect the person who showed her a sensitive side to be so mad and aggressive towards her. She was scared while looking at him, every hint of liking him had vanished so quickly. Everyone knew about it now, maybe that is why he was so angry at her even if she wasn't the one to go around and talk about it in the first place. Jennie didn't know how and who found out about it, she just felt like her life was ruined instantly as soon as it happened and even he turned against her. So much for sticking up for each other. "You're not even worth my attention, why did I even look at you in the first place?" He laughed and his hold of Jennie's wrist got tighter and tighter, the skin starting to burn slowly from how harsh he was being.

"You're not worth me losing my wife and job, do you know that? You're just so hot that I thought I should hit it, you weren't supposed to like me back" he went on and on, degrading Jennie even more without caring at all, he wouldn't remember all of this the next day after all, why would he care? Opening up and inviting someone in your life can take such a turn that you never saw coming, and Jennie was living that at that moment. She didn't even know anyone in Korea, she didn't have any family to turn to and cry, she was alone as much as she didn't want to accept it. Her name was ruined and it was going to keep getting ruined as long as that man went around blaming her for "seducing" him. Because that is exactly what he used as an excuse, a student seduced a teacher, a family man, someone who wouldn't dare to hurt his wife. Jennie was unintentionally the bad guy out of nowhere.