Life Goes On

"Lily!" The young woman heard a familiar voice come from behind her, her heart stopping for a moment before she looked over her shoulder with her hands still typing on the keyboard of her laptop. "Aunt Chu," Lily said and pulled herself up, a faint smile appearing on her lips as she approached quickly at the old woman that had some evident grey hair at the root. "Hi," The young woman said and her arms swung open in order to hug the old woman in front of her, Jisoo responding to the hug by opening her arms and wrapping them around Luna as well. "You came, I am so happy you came" Lily said and her hands cupped the older woman's face, her thumbs slightly brushing against Jisoo's hollow cheeks, her old state making her seem skinnier than ever before in her life. "Chaeng is here too, she caught up with your mom outside," Jisoo laughed a little and both of turned around when the door behind them opened, Jennie and Chaeyoung walking in with a similar smile and look on their faces.

"Chaeyoung," Lily sighed and rushed close to her, her arms opening again to pull the other woman in them, her heart racing when she smelt the familiar scent that her aunt always liked to wear since she can remember. "Oh you grew up so much," Chaeyoung said and pulled back to look at Lily's face, a few tears concentrating in the corners of the old woman's face now since the young woman in her arms resembled her best friend all too much. "I am 25 years old Chaeng, you're not the only ones growing up" Lily said and let out a small laughter, the young woman causing both her aunts and her mom to laugh as well. "Growing up, we stopped growing up. We are just getting old at this point," Jennie chimed in and wrapped her arm around her daughter's waist now looking at her face as well while having the same reaction that her best friend had after looking at her. It was hard to look at her and not think of Lisa, it was hard because she looked so much like her.

They never had another child, Jennie wasn't able to have one no matter how much they tried. Lisa insisted once, she really didn't believe that she could have a kid when the odds were against her once and Jennie ended being the one unable to get pregnant. It was fine though, having one kid and raising it properly together was the most important thing when it came to them. Yes Jennie was having trouble with herself after failing not one, not two but four times to have her own child but in the end she just took the situation in and devoted her life to Lily who was a spitting image of her wife. "Is James here by the way? It has been ages since I saw his angelic face," Jisoo asked and the sound of the doorbell ringing was heard, a smile growing bigger on Lily's face when she heard it, the young woman rushing to the front door. "I didn't think it would last you know," Chaeyoung commented when Lily was gone, the three of them creating a small space between them while noticing how Lily jumped on James as soon as the door opened.

"He loves her," Jennie smiled and tilted her head so she would be resting it on Jisoo's shoulder, her older friend reaching over to pinch the woman's cheeks like she always did due to how chubby they still were. "Moving here, it did her good no matter how hard it was for me, it healed one of us" Jennie sighed and closed her eyes in a desperate attempt to take a mental picture of Lily and James at the front door, the two of them chatting and looking at each other like no one else was around them. God did that bring back memories. "So this is the right address," Lisa laughed and stood still a couple steps away from Jennie who was frozen. She was not even blinking, breathing or moving at all. Jennie was simply looking at her, the woman's face as pale as a ghost. "I was scared of knocking at someone else's door-" Lisa spoke up in an attempt to explain but she was soon cut off by Jennie raising her hand, signaling her to stop talking. "What are you doing here?" Jennie asked and wrapped her arms around her own body, the cold reaching her and she couldn't imagine how much Lisa was freezing. New Zealand is hot and stuff but when the sun falls down it's nothing like the rest of the sunny day. "I fucked up and... It took me some time but... I came for you," Lisa confessed and took a step closer to her while keeping her eyes glued on Jennie's that had started to turn that bright red colour.