chapter fifty nine

Lisa's eyes shot open from where she was sleeping, the sharp pain in her chest killing her and causing her to wake up in the middle of the night while Jennie slept next to her peacefully. Attempting to take a deep breath Lisa blinked a few times and tried to pull herself together, to somehow make the pain go away but no matter what she did or how many times she tried to fall asleep again there was something that felt like it was piercing through the middle of her chest. Waking Jennie up was not going to be a good idea either considering that the woman would freak out and call an ambulance immediately even if it was the slightest thing that was going wrong with Lisa. Switching her position on the bed her elbow hit Jennie's arm that was resting only a few centimeters away from her , the brunette stirring up and opening her eyes for a few seconds.

"What's wrong?" Jennie said and looked around in the dark room, her hands looking for Lisa at the same time just so she could make sure that she was still next to her. Sometimes she did that while sleeping for a couple minutes too, she had become so scared of the idea that she would wake up and Lisa wouldn't be there because something caused them to be apart once again. That way Jennie had grown to be very cautious when it came to Lisa being next to her at all times, she was just scared of losing her again. "Nothing, I just needed some water," Lisa calmed her down and cupped Jennie's face with her hands, bringing her closer to plant a kiss on the woman's forehead in a loving way. She had to lie, telling the truth would only make Jennie go paranoid and panic in the middle of the night.

"Alright, come and cuddle when you're back," Jennie said and let herself fall back to the bed, Lisa smiling to herself as she caught one last glimpse of the woman next to her. She understood that Jennie was going through a hard time as well, even though she wanted Lisa to feel like she is at home and not in the hospital where everyone treats her like a patient, she couldn't help herself when it came to being a bit careful and helpful when it came to things that Lisa couldn't do anymore by herself. Lisa still remembers the day that she couldn't even stand after the last chemo session that she had, when Jennie had to sit down next to her out of the bathtub to help her reach her back. She wasn't proud of being unable to do everyday human things but she was at least happy and proud of having someone like Jennie Kim.

Keeping her eyes open to see Lisa get up from the bed, Jennie felt her heart stop when she heard a loud thud filling the entire bedroom, Lisa's figure disappearing from her eyes just a few seconds before she heard the thud. "Lisa?!" Jennie jumped from where she was laying almost stumbling herself while trying to get to Lisa as soon as possible. Crawling down to the floor she felt her knees getting weak when she saw Lisa on the floor, her body not moving at all, a sight of horror unraveling in front of her. "Oh my God, Lisa?!" Jennie kept screaming while her hands pulled Lisa to her lap, shaking her again and again hoping that she could wake her up, that she had lost her senses because she was tired. "Please wake up, look at me please" Jennie started panicking even more when Lisa was not responding, her hands still shaking the woman's whole body desperately.

The tears were now streaming down her face, her hands shaking as well from the shock that her body was going through. Swallowing hard and holding Lisa in her lap still she grabbed the phone that wasn't too far away from where she was sitting. "Hello, what's your emergency?" The man's voice came from the other side, Jennie looking down at Lisa who was now turned into a slight pale colour, the phone slipping from her hands and landing on the floor next to her soon. Reaching down to feel the woman's pulse she found out that there was none anymore, the lifeless body of Lisa was laying on her lap with its eyes closed. "No, no, no," Jennie sobbed and started hitting Lisa's body, the punches coming the one after the other. "You fucking promised!" Jennie screamed and she had almost forgotten that the call was still active, that the man could hear her scream and sob in pain.

S U R R E N D E ROn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara