chapter thirty six

"What the hell did you just say?" Jennie asked and kept looking at Lisa who was still sitting on the edge of the bed, her eyes locked with Jennie's. "Lisa, I'm talking to you," Jennie spoke up again and didn't even crack a smile, in fact she had never really looked so serious ever again, this whole situation she was in at that moment was probably one of the most serious ones. "Do you know what you just said?" Jennie asked again and gasped when she felt Lisa get up and brushing against her, the woman's hands grabbing Jennie's arms as tightly as they could so she could keep her in place. "I'm asking you something," Jennie's voice trembled a little when her body started responding to Lisa's touch immediately, it didn't take long for her to get affected by Lisa, it never did to begin with. "Please, stop" Jennie sighed and tried pushing Lisa off of her just so she could get a proper answer first, but Lisa didn't seem to have the same plans as her.

"No, I can't stop" Lisa whispered and stroked a few strands of hair that were falling on Jennie's face, gently placing them behind the woman's ear. "Do you know how many times I've tried stopping myself?" Lisa asked and her hand slowly made its way down to Jennie's neck, her index finger drawing small circles on the side of the woman's neck as if it was a game, as if she didn't know that this act alone could kill Jennie instantly. "Do you have any idea how many times I've told myself that this is wrong?" Lisa asked again and this time she looked up, focusing from Jennie's lips back to the woman's eyes for a moment before her other hand placed itself on Jennie's waist gently at first. It wasn't going to last long though. Jennie on the other side had never been more conflicted her whole life. She wanted to just give in since she knew that she wasn't going to have the chance to do so for many times again, but on the other hand Lisa was clearly under some sort of drug that the hospital administered to her.

"Right now," Lisa spoke up again and her hand wrapped around Jennie's neck, her other hand sneaking back and pushing Jennie closer to her body until they were practically glued on each other. "I want you, just you, can I have you please?" Lisa even pleaded as she finished her sentence, Jennie swallowing hard as she looked at Lisa's full of lust and desire eyes that stared back at her this whole time. This was purely based on what she wanted at that very second, there was no thinking of what was going to happen or had happened before, she had the chance of choosing what to answer and maybe that is what made her question herself as well. "Yes, you can" Jennie said barely above a whisper and quickly felt her body being turned around and pushed immediately, Lisa soon hovering above her with her eyes still glued on Jennie. "You're so pretty Jennie," Lisa let her tongue slip, a shy smile appearing on her lips immediately.

"What?" Jennie laughed as she was caught off guard, her heart pounding so hard that she could swear that Lisa could probably hear it from where she was. "I could stay like this and look at you for hours, you're really pretty" Lisa spoke up again adding more fuel to the fire like she knew exactly what she was doing to make Jennie want to disappear right away. "Can I kiss you?" Lisa asked all of a sudden a question that sounded so dumb and childish but at the same time kind of sweet and... Cute. It was crazy to think that the woman was asking to do something she had done so many times before, that and many more things alongside that. "No, you can't" Jennie surprised her for once, the spark that Lisa had in her eyes disappearing for a split second as if she got disappointed.

"But I can" Jennie smiled and pushed herself up on her elbows so she could reach Lisa's lips that were hovering just a few inches away from her. And her heart exploded once again, her chest no longer felt that pounding and torturing beating of her heart, it felt almost like she didn't even have a pulse anymore. It was so overwhelming that she could feel her eyes gathering up tears that were going to be released pretty soon, but she didn't give a damn anymore, she didn't care if Lisa saw her crying, laughing or anything in between. At this point she had nothing to lose, she could only buy herself some time and  a few more memories with Lisa that she knew well that would haunt her later on. "D-Don't leave yet," Jennie managed to say when she felt Lisa pulling back for a moment. "Just, stay like that some more," The woman sighed and brought her hands up to cup Lisa's face, holding her forehead against Lisa's forehead.