Chapter 2: Mew

I was left dumbfounded while sitting on my bed. I pinch my fingers and heaved a sigh to relax myself while thinking where would Mew sleep tonight. Is this his plan to get back to me for what I did before? Is this finally his revenge? To be a nuisance in my life like how I was to him when I was still a child?

I looked around the place as a sigh of relief escaped my lips. I finally have my own place after fifteen years of living with my Dad. It's been a long and painful journey but I guess the gods are still in my favor when Dad told me that he got me a condo of my own so I can have my own place and I won't go around deciding where to stay for that night.

It has always been my problem every single week where to stay. Mom and Dad's spouses are all not okay with me being around their own house. It even came to a point when I stayed with my auntie in Chiang Mai for two years to continue my studies there in high school. It was never an issue to me. I excelled everywhere I study and that's a good thing for me. Despite being passed on one place to another like a ball, I still managed to get into the best university in Thailand for Architecture.

"This is your place now. Remember, you only call me when it is urgent. I know you are a man now and giving you this condominium is also a win-win situation for all of us - you don't have to deal with my wife's anger or my children's issue. Just stay here and finish your studies. That's all I can do for you." my Dad heartlessly said as he handed me a black card." Use that for your expenses until you graduate college. This is all I can give to you."

His words should have pierced me by now but weirdly, it didn't come. Maybe because I was used to it already and how they treat me is something that is normal to me now like how I breathe air.

On the other hand, Mom is a bit softer than Dad. Oftentimes, she will check on me and ask how am I doing but I'm sure she's only doing that because her conscience is not leaving her alone.

Through the years, I learned that I should be independent and that's totally fine. I am now free from the threats of their spouses and from the mean things they can say to me.

I accepted the card and smiled at my Dad.

"Thank you Dad." I replied and he heaved a sigh like he's disgusted to have me as his son despite my achievements, while his children are non achievers and idiots in their own field.

I keep my thoughts to myself as I pulled the three luggage from the door and slowly putting them inside. Dad bid his goodbye before he left me there.

For the first week of my stay in the condo, I got to buy anything I want with the card my Dad gave me. I bought essentials for the time being and I enrolled myself in the university that I want to enroll. From here on, I am all by myself.

Weeks turned into months and before I knew it, my first day in the university will start tomorrow. I have all the things I need for my first day and I stared at the city lights on my balcony as I breathed the night breeze of Bangkok.

Morning came and I quickly got up to prepare for school. I went out of my unit with my backpack on and my car keys before going directly to the basement parking. I started the ignition and went on my way to the university.

I looked at my watch to see what time is it and I still have an hour left before my first class. I took my bag with me as I locked my car before going around to find the architecture building.

My forehead creased as I felt a lot of students looking at me and I already know why they're suddenly gawking at me like shameless dogs - that's because I'm young and my looks is a give away that I am indeed a minor. I'm only fifteen, turning sixteen and I'm still a minor. I thought being ahead of my classmates for two years will be fun for me but now that I came in college, I realized that I can't do the things that they can do not until I turn of legal age.