Chapter 43: Criminals

I heard endless murmuring all over the place as I walked across the hallway with the two criminals behind me. I have long accepted that I don't have parents from the start that's why it's not hard for me to do this. I just want them to pay. I want them to know the weight of their actions and how they ruined not just a life but another as well.

"Let go of me! I am no criminal! Let go of me!" my mom shouted as the eyes of her employees looked at her with pure curiosity and disgust.

"Gulf let us go! You don't know what you are doing! This is all a misunderstanding! This is your mother you are going against to!" her husband yelled and I smirked as I stopped on my tracks and stared at them with a ridiculous expression on my face.

"I just have to know who among you killed my auntie. You tampered evidences and the crime scene itself— that alone is enough to arrest both of you." I walked towards them and leaned in between their heads before whispering. "Now watch your life and businesses go down in a span of a week or two."

"You devil!" mom shouted as she tried to reach me but the police restrained her from doing so. "Let go of me! How dare you touch me with your dirty hands!"

I widely smiled as I shook my head before turning my back against them. "Talk all you want, criminals."

Her endless rants went on and on as we went down to the floor where Everson is working. Employees that are once busy are now staring at us with pure curiosity. I didn't pay attention to them as the police lead the way and finally barged into an office where I immediately saw my brother sitting on a chair while his feet are on the table. He's busy playing with his phone with headphones on as the people around him worked their asses off.

So much for doing an on the job training in your family's company. Rich kid problems. I guess that's why he can't take all the workload I threw at him— he's just a boy who's used in doing things inside his comfort zone.

The officer walked towards him and knocked on his desk. He looks at the man in front and arrogantly clocked his head on the side.

"What do you want?" he asked and I want to laugh for his obnoxious attitude and arrogant face.

"You are under arrest for the murder of Hilda Susri. You have the right to remain silent. If you give up the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you desire an attorney and cannot afford one, an attorney will be obtained for you before police questioning."

"W-What!? What are you saying? I-I didn't kill anybody!"

"Like mother like son, I guess?" I spat and he immediately looked at me with rage and hatred in his eyes.

"You did this!" he shouted and threw his phone at me. Same old times. "You think we killed your precious auntie!? That old hag!? You think we killed her!?" he shouted and the thread of patience inside my system broke in a snap of a finger. "We don't need to kill your bitch of an auntie because she is already a demon! She's selfish! She's rude! She wants everything for herself!"

"Everson!" His mom shouted, stopping him but he continued.

"You think your auntie is so great? She wants my mom down! Whatever happened to her we don't have anything to do with her! She fell sick and she's dead! She deserves it-" his words were cut off when my fist met his face.

Wow! That feels good!

"Everson!" the dramatic mother shouted.

"Spitting words will only strengthen my confidence and the evidence that I have against you and your family. You did this to my auntie and all of you will pay— I will make sure of that. None of you will be able to escape prison."