Chapter 37: Confirmed

I was quiet inside the car as Mew drove us to the restaurant near the club. The image of Aunt Hilda's eyes hunted me the whole hour. I am just not sure if that is how Aunt Hilda looked when they found her inside the bathroom. Hell, I am not even sure if that photo was edited but the shivers that were sent down my spine are all real. Who would actually do this? Moreover, my aunt is long gone- why is this person disrespecting her resting soul!

"Babe are you okay?" Mew asked, pulling me out of my reverie.

I looked at our table, full of food, and realized that it's not the time to be thinking about this. I am bothered by the image but I have to be rational about this. I have to consult the professionals I know about this. I cannot hastily jump into conclusions and end up falling into a trap of whoever sent that email to me.

"I'm good. I-I'm just a little... tired." I smiled at him and got my fork to start eating. I don't want to talk about this for now. I've had enough drama for today and revealing this unsure information to him would only mean chaos to both our systems.

"Are you sure? Your eyes screams... a lot of things"

I heaved a sigh and shook my head. "It's really nothing. I'm just a little worried that I can't finish my other projects in time." I gave him a timid smile as I got the dimsum in front of me. I just want to distance myself from everything that can stress me out. It's a Friday night and I want to at least rest my brain from all the dramas.

Mew kept on staring at me for the whole time we are eating and I had to reassure him that everything is fine. I don't want him to worry over the things that even myself is not sure of. I have to figure out first if the disturbing email is indeed legit. I have a bad feeling about this but I chose to ignore them for the night. I have to at least cut myself some slack so I can function properly for the following days.

The booming sound from the speakers dominated the whole club as Mew and I entered the vicinity. A huge crowd of people are jumping up and down of the dance floor while the others are chilling on their couches with... well their dates, fubus and ONS.

I felt Mew's hand on my shoulder as he guided me towards a huge black couch where it is designed to face a standard round table.

"Sir, you are reserved with this couch. Here's the menu for the drinks. Enjoy the rest of the night!" said the woman who ushered us to this part of the club where there is fewer people.

Then I realized how Mew spits money and patriarchal status just by staying in this place. This must be the VIP section of the club.

"What do you want to drink?" Mew asked, his mouth went near my ear because of the loud music.

"Anything will do. Beer?" I answered and remembered something. "Now my boyfriend is allowing me to drink. I can clearly remember how you strongly disapproved my drinking five years ago." I teasingly said and he pouted, suppressing a smile.

"That's because you're a minor that time babe. Like you said, I can fuck you anywhere so why not let you drink." he taunted back and I can feel my cheeks burning! This man really knows how to turn the tables in just a snap of a finger!

"The confidence Mew..." I rolled my eyes and shook my head as he let out a hysterical laugh.

"I'm only this confident when I'm with you babe." he held my waist and pulled me closer to him. "Don't drink too much though or you might end up between my thighs."

"Well that's my favorite place to be, if you didn't know Suppasit." I teased back and he raised his eyebrow.

"Someone's thirsty."