Chapter 25: Harsh

I went out of my room and saw a clean living room. There is no sign of life other than me. Then I wonder what happened to Mew. He must have hated me for not fighting for him but I hope he knows I don't have the power to do that right now, even if I want too.

I went to the kitchen to see if I can cook something but to my surprise, I saw a chicken Thai basil covered with a table net. My heart ached at the sight of the food and thought maybe Mew cooked for me before he leaves. I pinched my fingers as I took the cover off and the aroma of the dish invaded my nose.

Tears started to form in my eyes and I hate that I don't even have the power to stop them from flowing. It pooled down my cheeks and I wiped them off completely, only to be replaced by a new set of it from my system. I never wanted this to happen. All I want is to be happy with my childhood friend and my only love but I don't know what I have done so wrong that the people around me and even destiny won't permit me from being happy.

Sunday came and I didn't function for the whole morning. I don't expect a reply from the law firm I sent an email to because they probably didn't read it yet. I stayed on the couch for I don't know how long, leaving the TV on in front of me while my mind wanders around the situation I am in. I don't know what issues and malicious stories I have to face on Monday regarding the scandal last Friday but I couldn't care less. I have been a fan of ignoring people and their judgement towards me so I shouldn't care too now that it came to this.

The ringing of the doorbell pulled me out of my deep thoughts and I looked at it as my forehead creased, wondering who that is.

Without giving it much thought, I went to the door and opened it only to see Auntie Victoria with a straight expression on her face and beside her is Mew who is now looking at me with such emotions in his eyes that I can't distinguish.

"G-Good morning auntie." I shyly greeted and she smiled timidly before talking.

"Good morning. Can we come in?" she asked and I immediately nodded before opening the door widely.

I let them inside my unit and ushered the two of them on the couch. I felt Mew's eyes staring at me but I didn't dare look nor pay attention to it. I don't want to see the longing feeling in his eyes. I don't want that anymore. I want him to hate me. I want him to not want me anymore. I want him to continue with his life without me. I... I want him to go back to the time when he hasn't found me yet. If our accidental meeting did not happen, then maybe our lives may still be normal like the old times.

"Gulf, how are you?" Auntie Victoria asked and I can't help but to feel pain. She's asking me how am I even though I hurt her son last night.

"I'm fine auntie." I faked a smile and stayed that way.

"Are you sure?" she asked and I nodded like it was nothing,

"Auntie may I know why are you here?" I smiled and sensed Mew's impassive stares at me once again.

"Oh uhm, I'm sorry if our visit is too sudden." she half heartedly smiled. "I'm just here to help Mew pack his things." my heart ached at the idea but I couldn't do anything. "I told him that the issue will never end if he will stay here with you. I got him his own condo and finally, he accepted it." she looked at Mew and I accidentally looked at him too and I can almost feel the war inside his system. I saw nothing but darkness and loneliness within him.

"T-That's good auntie." I sounded like a jerk for my answer but I don't know how to address this issue anymore. I have long forgotten how to strike a conversation since this issue exploded. "A-At least he will now have his place."

"Really?" Mew asked in a low growl and I can feel anger and disappointment seething from his system. I pinched my fingers to avoid responding and looked at Auntie Victoria.