Chapter 3: An Old Photo

Mew was perspiring while fixing my table as I returned from the kitchen. I turned on the fan and he looked at me before timidly smiling. There's really something about him and his eyes - I just can't point out what that is.

"Can you do it?" I asked and squatted in front of him. He threw a glance at me and smirked before nodding.

"I can do a lot of things Gulf. You don't have to worry." he said with a little bit of malice in his eyes and that made me more curious about his eyes. It's like it's trying to tell me something.

"If you insist." I briefly said and gave him the lemonade that I got inside the fridge. "Drink up. I don't want to bring a dehydrated man in the hospital." I jokingly said and he let out a hearty laugh.

It's weird because I can't take my eyes off him when he smiled. I cleared my throat and tore my eyes off him as he got the glass of lemonade from me. He drank it in one go and thanked me for it.

He continued doing my table and my mind is everywhere the whole time as I thought of the reasons why don't he get a place for himself. He came from a very wealthy family, that is for sure, so why not spend it for a place of his own?

"What is it?" he asked, pulling me out of my thoughts and it has dawned to me how I was lost in my thoughts while staring at him!

"N-Nothing." I stuttered and avoided his gaze. I got my lemonade and drank it all instead. His aura screams dominance that I'm feeling inferior just by the fact that he's here with me.

"Do you have a question?" he inquired and I swallowed the lump in my throat before shaking my head. "Come on Gulf. I can tell that you have a question in mind." he pursued and stopped the thing he was doing and paid all of his attention to me. He raised his eyebrow as he waited for anything from me and I heaved a sigh of defeat before deciding to speak.

"I hope you don't get offended." I started and he nodded as he looked at me with pure curiosity in his eyes. "I was wondering why you don't want to get your own place." his face fell in an instant because of my question and something inside me trembled before adding some more words. "I mean, my mom told me that you don't want to get a place of your own but given your family's financial status... I don't think that is ever an issue to you." I pouted before avoiding his gaze.

I heard him heaved a sigh before working at assembling my table again.

"My parents are rich but I am not." he briefly said and picked a screw. "But if you are not comfortable with me here then I can just leave-"

"No!" I said and it sounded like a plead. What the fuck Gulf? "I mean... my mom is a close friend of your mom and I don't want them to have any ill feelings just because of a small thing like this. You are more than welcome to stay here."

His forehead creased and tilt his head on the side.

"You're doing this because of your mom and not because you want it?"

Why would I want it?

"Yeah." I confessed and weakly smiled. The pain of being unwanted once again touched the walls that I built inside me. "I-I don't want to disappoint my mom."

"Hmm? Why? Did she give you this place?" he asked and I shook my head.

"No. My dad did."

"You mean uncle Mick?" he inquired.

I shook my head and weakly smiled. His brow furrowed and stopped doing the table once again. I have never told anyone about my life story aside from Jennie. She is the only one who knows the real me and everything about me... but weirdly, this man right here radiates dominance and security at the same time.