Chapter 15: Regret

I woke up the next day without Mew by my side. I stretched my arms as I got off the bed and my breath was immediately taken away by the picturesque scenery across the balcony. Crystal waters of the sea greeted me a good morning and the calming crashing of waves brought solace within me. I breathed the salty air of Phuket and smiled widely. This is our first day and I can't wait to explore everything!

I washed my face and brushed my teeth before I went outside to find Mew. I also changed into a simple board shorts and I got a white shirt from Mew's clothes earlier so I decided to wear it. I must be going crazy for smiling like an idiot like I'm so proud of wearing his shirt.

I wandered around but found no one in the kitchen, dining area or even in the living room. Where is he?

"Sir, are you looking for sir Mew?" said an old woman's voice behind me and I turned around to see the oldest helper they have here.

"Uh... yes. Is he around?" I asked and she shook her head.

"Sir Mew left early in the morning to go fishing."

"F-Fishing?" I asked stuttering and she nodded like it's a normal thing.

"Yes sir. It's always been his hobby to go fishing when he's here."

No fair! He didn't let me come with him! I want to go fishing!

With a disapponted face, I thanked the house helper before I went out of the mansion. I wanted to wait for him by the shore but it's too far from here. If I'll decide to walk then it will take me at least a few minutes before I reach the coconut trees just across their gate.

"Sir Gulf, you're up early." said a man's voice and I saw Bert walking towards me.

"Ah yeah, I was looking for Mew." I said and tried not to sound mad but I guess I failed.

Bert laughed at me before shaking his head like he's fond of seeing me this way. Ugh! Why didn't he wake me up? I want to fish!

"Sir Mew might be here anytime soon. He usually comes back before 8 AM."

Then I remembered something that can help me go to the shore. If I can't join Mew with fishing then at least I can enjoy the crystal waters of Phuket.

"Uh, Bert... if it's not too much to ask, can you help me go to the shore? I want to see the beach." I shyly said and he let out a hearty laugh. He likes laughing huh?

"Sure thing sir. I'll just get the car." my eyes widened at his words and I clapped my hands before eagerly nodding at him.

"Cool! I'll just get my phone and we can go, okay?" I cheerfully said and he chuckled as he nodded.

I sprint across the large hallway of the mansion and quickly went upstairs to get my phone. I can't hide the excitement in my face as I went out of the room with my phone with me. My heart started to race so fast like it's being chased by a wild boar. I don't know why I'm so excited to see the beach but I guess this is my childish self rejoicing because after a long time, I'll be able to see the sea!

I never had the chance to go to the beach or even take a vacation outside Bangkok or Chiang Mai. My auntie is not a big fan of traveling and she likes to stay home and... well, my parents are fond of traveling but not of me.

With my phone on my hand, I took countless of pictures of the scenery while inside the car. I even asked Bert if I can open the window and he gladly let me do it. My childish self kept the wide smile on his face as I breathed in the air of Phuket. It's pollution free! I can't smell a single scent of smoke! I love it here!

The black sedan stopped in front of a barricade that divides the narrow asphalt road and the beach itself.

"Thank you!" I giddily said as I went out of the car before closing the door behind me. I excitedly ran down the stairs that led me to the white sand beach of Phuket. This part of the island is very well developed and the surroundings are very clean. I haven't been to other parts of this place but I'm sure the others will be as breath taking as this one!