Epilogue

"Mew I can afford to buy you your own penthouse. Why would you want to stay with a schoolmate?" Mom asked as we ate our breakfast, first day in the morning. 

"Mom I don't want a penthouse, it's a waste of money. Besides, I can pay my own rent from my part time job." I simply said as I drink my water. "I have to go. I'm late for class. I'll just pick up my things here in the afternoon.

"Son are you sure you're going to be fine? Who is that schoolmate anyway? Don't tell me it's another boyfriend? You just broke up with your recent one."

"Mom it's been a long time since I broke up with Sky-"

"And you never learned." she sarcastically said before rolling her eyes. I laughed at her reaction as she shook her head, not believing that I'm really doing this. "At least tell me his name so I can be at ease."

I heaved a sigh and decided to tell her because knowing my mom, she will not stop unless she knows everything she wants to know. 

"His name is Gulf. You know him." I spilled the beans and that's when she stopped eating and paid attention to me. Great!

"Gulf? I only know one Gulf in the circle and it's the son of Frida."

"That's him." I heaved a sigh and decided to excuse myself. If only I hadn't realized last night that Gulf looks familiar and I started investigating and recalling things, then maybe I wouldn't be doing this. I must be going crazy!

"Oh my gosh... why would you want to live with him anyway?"

"He's my junior in university and his condo is near." I reasoned out though I'm just really curious about Gulf. I can't pinpoint the reason why I badly wanted to move with him but maybe I just want to catch up with how he's doing after years of not seeing a childhood friend. 

"That's all?" mom asked, suspicion was evident in her voice. 

"Mom can you just talk to Auntie Frida so she can ask Gulf if I can stay there? Well even without her help I'm sure I can manage to convince the guy."

"You're still not talking to Gulf!? Mew you are crazy!" Mom hysterically said and I pouted before shrugging. "This is the first time you're making a move without a plan and it's freaking me out!" she shouted and I just laughed at her reaction. "Fine! I will talk to Frida and maybe we can do something about this. I still don't understand your logic with spending my money for your own good. I can easily buy you a penthouse in an hour."

"Mom that won't be necessary." I said, trying to convince her as I kissed her cheek. "I have to go. Text me if Auntie Frida is cool with my plan." I said as I walked out of the dining area to go out of the house.

"You don't have a plan!" mom shouted when I'm almost at the door and I laughed even more. 

Due to some connections and a little risk taking, I managed to live with Gulf but he's not that friendly. He's a total snob and very immature. Then that first night, I was surprised that he spilled something about his personal life. I learned that Gulf is an illegitimate son but I never knew anything about it. Maybe it was hidden due to the judgemental mindset of the world of elites. I'm not judging him though... he's a nice guy after all. 

But I just don't get it why he's doing things so passionately in terms of his studies. Maybe because he's striving to be better because of his parents or he just wants to be successful in life despite his situation?

I must say he has a different perspective in life. A much deeper perspective where people in his age tend not to realize. But what I like the most about him is his curiosity. This guy right here likes to stick his nose to other people's business and he's not aware of it. I can feel his weird stares at me and even when I cook, he'll eat it and not say much about it. There's just really something in him that makes me want to know him better. After all, he's my childhood friend but he's not aware of that yet. Should I just spill it and tell him directly why I'm here?