Chapter 26: Normal

Days turned into weeks and I lost count on how long I've been feeling empty. I'm trying to act calm and composed in front of everyone and I succeeded every damn time but my insides are slowly rotting. My insides are slowly crumbling into pieces and I don't know if I can put them back into their places again.

Mew stopped talking to me for the past weeks. I think I've hurt him enough for him to realize that I want out of whatever we had. It pains me to see him in his old self but that's just right. I know how important his dreams are to him and I don't want to be the reason why he wouldn't reach those. I really do loved him but I chose to lie for the sake of us. I want us to at least sort things out and fix our lives first and maybe... just maybe, we can try again. If not in the future, then maybe in another life.

I heaved a sigh as I looked at my tray that contains a sandwich and a glass of orange juice. My class has been called off because of an urgent faculty meeting. Jennie is nowhere to be found again - maybe she's flirting again with some boys and that's totally fine. I'm just not comfortable to sit alone and eat alone these days. I keep on hearing rude things about me and the issue.

I looked around to find a vacant seat and as I walked around, I saw an empty table so I went there. I was about to sit when a grouip of students sat before me and smiled sarcastically at me.

"Hey, uh, I came here first-"

"Is your name here?" said the girl and looked around. "Stop claiming everything you see Gulf." she raised her eyebrow. "You claimed Mew and ruined his name. What do you want to claim next? The professor in your college building? You want to fuck with them too?" she laughed.

I'm tired of this. It's pointless to fight because everything will just backfire at me.

"What are you looking at? Go away!" she shrieked and I don't know what has gotten into me that I nodded but before I left, I grabbed the glass of orange juice and poured it onto the girl. "Bitch! What the hell!" she squealed loudly that it enveloped the whole cafeteria. "Do you have a death wish!?" she shouted and weirdly, I can't feel anything. I'm not even scared nor regret what I did.

"This is a warning to all of you." I clearly said, enough for them to hear. "I've been enduring your comments and treatment towards me because of the issue but I just want to say that whatever happened to Mew and I should stay in between us! The way you are all acting is like how a fan would act when his idol was offended." I devilishly smirked and dropped my tray on the table." Don't stick your nose to where it doesn't belong." I looked at the girl who talked rudely at me." Just because you can't have Mew, you'll hate on his ex. That's a no no sweetheart." I smirked and I loved how the silence enveloped the whole cafeteria. "I'm done playing and tolerating your hate towards me. One more comment and I'll go directly to the VPAA office to file a complaint."

"You social climber!" she hissed and I tilt my head on the side. I've been feeling really dead inside that I might kill someone and feel no remorse at all.

"I am." I nodded as I admitted everything. "I'll keep climbing don't worry. I'll look down on you once I'm on the top." I smirked and got my sandwich. "Too bad my orange juice spilled." I chuckled and shook my head before going out of the cafeteria.

I don't feel any remorse towards the things I said and did back there. I couldn't care less as to how they will look at me starting from now. I'm not in this university to impress everyone. I'm here to impress my future self and my future employers with my credentials. I don't care how much they talk behind my back as long as my studies are not being affected by it.

I sat in front of the empty field while the sun rays strike my skin. This is the only place I know that I can eat in peace. If only I don't have another class after this free period then I would've gone home by now.