Chapter 31: Orphans

I was not surprised when Mew didn't ask for me the following weeks. He didn't even ask for my opinion regarding my own design for the warehouse when it was presented by Miss Sweeney. He sat there, listening to our supervisor's explanation and he immediately approved the design.

It's a good thing that he did what I asked him to because I don't want any complications anymore now that I'm working for him. I faced a lot of trials just to graduate college and I want it to stay in the past. I don't want to revive another problem inside the closet just because I listened to my weak heart. Enough is enough. If ever I don't get to be happy for the next years then that is my problem, not his. It's not like he still wants me. I can feel how disgusted he looks at me. I can feel his anger and that's totally fine. I did that to him and it should stay that way. I've long given up on being his lover again just because I loved him.

Love is a strong feeling but sometimes, it is not enough for two people to be together. Social status and achievements are still a big factor for the world of adults.

"Mister Kanawut, why did you change your design for the houses?" asked the board member while I'm presenting my design. This is a big project and the board wanted to be involved in the decision making so here they are.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and glanced at Ma'am Victoria who is now looking at me with her cold eyes. I bit my lip before faking a smile.

"Our team reevaluated the goal of this project so we are proposing a new design of houses. We still made three designs for the board to choose from since this is a very big project but now we chose to focus on the elites who can afford the houses."

It was hard for me to do this because my heart ached for the poor that wants to have their own house. I want them to invest in something that they can call their own but... the higher ups didn't have the heart to do so. I can't do anything about it because after all, business is business.

"No, we'll stick with your old designs." said a baritone voice and my eyes immediately met his. "I want that idea to push through."

"Mew! That's not a wise decision to make!" said Ma'am Victoria but Mew's eyes remained on me.

"Let me handle my own company, Mom. This is what I think is best for this project. I want versatile designs for this project so people can choose." he tore his eyes off me and faced his mom. "Besides, I am all for diversity and fairness. I don't like looking down on the poor. I'm sure there are rich people there who wouldn't mind being in the same neighborhood with ordinary people."

"Mew I'm telling you-"

"Filthy rich and old rich people have their own mansions around Bangkok and the neighboring cities. I'm sure they don't need to buy a house or even a lot in this project." Mew raised his eyebrow as he faced me. "Gulf, please show us your designs for the original plan. I hope you haven't deleted any of it?"

My heart jumped out of the window because of unknown reasons. I unconsciously smiled at Mew and he cocked his eyebrow on the side and I immediately pinched my fingers to stop myself from grinning.

"R-Right away sir!" I giddily said and quickly opened my other design. It's a good thing I continued making this one while I'm at home just because I don't want it to go to waste. For every design that I make, I always see to it that I finish it even though it might not be approved.

"So as you can see, these are the designs our team made for this project. This is the original design and well, I added more details to it so we can clearly see how it will look like once the construction is done."

I went on in explaining everything and I can't stop myself from smiling even though I'm in front of the board. Ma'am Victoria looked at me with such emotion in her eyes but I couldn't care less about whatever it is for the time being. I was so into explaining my design with the help of my senior and once I'm done, Mew requested for a print out of the design and so Miss Sweeney immediately requested for it to be printed.