Chapter 30: Maybe I Deserve This

Sky had to wait for me that day until five in the afternoon because the devil that has been flirting with his boyfriend all day long, kept on rejecting my floor plan. The devil said it's too spacious when I made it wider for the forklift to fit then when I based on ergonomics for the distance of everything, he told me I'm wasting so much space! I just hate him so much that day that I'm willing to write a resignation letter that day just so I can have my peace of mind.

I don't know if he's just giving me a hard time or this is some kind of revenge for the things I did to him in the past but I just hope it's neither of the two. I hope he's doing this for the betterment of the project because if this is all about revenge then I don't think it will be worth it to stay here. I want him to forgive me and I think working under him is not a bad idea but the idea of revenge is just too... extreme for me.

I have played my part in taking revenge on my parents and it didn't affect them that much. I just heard complains from them on how I spent a million thai baht in just a month but other than that, I didn't even see them struggle for money; the thing that they loved and worshipped the most.

"Gulf, meeting room please." Miss Sweeney interrupted my concentration as I was working for another project.

It's been a month since I work here and everyday was a challenge rather than a struggle. If I was productive way back in college, I'm even more productive now that I work here. Our team was only given a week to finish a certain project and it's honestly tiring but fun.

Maybe it's true that you are not working if you love what you are doing. If one is passionate with the work he's doing then it's a career and not just a job.

I gathered my laptop that was provided by the company as well as my notes before heading out to meet the whole team.

I pushed the huge wooden door and I saw Miss Sweeney and the team settling on the chairs that was provided. I took the vacant chair near the center and I started to set up my laptop as well to take down notes for whatever the agenda of today's meeting is.

"Okay so to start, good morning. Today's meeting is about the housing project that we are developing." Miss Sweeney said and looked at me. "Gulf, how's the design going?" she asked.

"Wendy and I are working on it. I have here the unfinished version of the design but it can be seen clearly where the design is going. Should I present it, miss?"

"Great! Yes please, so we can immediately make changes if there are any." she excitedly said and I agreed before standing up to connect my laptop on the projector.

As I was setting up the laptop, the door swung open and it revealed Mew in his white crisp shirt and black pants. His domineering presence filled the entire room that the whole team felt tensed in just a drop of a hat. I still don't understand why are they so scared of Mew? It's not like he can hurt them physically? He's a strict boss but those are just words coming from a professional. Take it, reflect on it, do what must be done and move on.

"G-Good morning sir! What brings you here?" Miss Sweeney asked, nervousness was evident in her voice.

Mew was about to speak when another person came inside the room and I was stunned for good as her eyes met mine. Her once gentle eyes are now as cold as ice. She looks at me with pure judgment and disgust like my mere existence is not welcome in this very room.

I swallowed the lump in my throat as I broke free from her stares and decided to just fix the projector so I can start and get this over with.

"Don't mind me and continue with your meeting. I'm here to just listen." he said and his eyes immediately met mine.