Chapter 4: Comfortable

I can't stop smiling while we talk about the things that had happened for the past years. They asked me questions but I avoided to mention the topic that includes my family. I am not yet ready to reveal everything to them. They might have an idea but I don't want to confirm those. I just want to have friends without touching my past and my current situation.

"So you're in college now?" asked Bright and I nodded as I put my glass of lemonade down. "But we are both the same age right?" I laughed and nodded once again. "Then why..."

"I was accelerated for two years Bright." I answered. "How about you? You're in your senior year I presume..."

"Yeah but I've been really busy these days and I barely had the chance to sleep because after my first commercial, I keep on getting offers to be a model for teen clothing lines." he pouted and looked at Zee. "Ask Zee if he had any sleep for the past two weeks." he chuckled and I looked at Zee only to see him heaving a sigh.

"It's hard to be an actor. I never thought having the supporting role for that drama last year would open many doors for me. I'm grateful though." he shrugged. "We are all busy these days and Sinee is just the normal one remaining while having the time of her life."

"I would much rather stay at home or do some shopping than to study all those terms and formula in physics." she rolled her eyes. "I wish I can just skip class and spend money."

I smiled bitterly and nodded at what she said because I understood her way of thinking. It must be nice to have parents that are supportive of you in all aspects. Besides, she came from an old rich family and if she chose not to study, she will never go poor.

The five of us talked like there's no tomorrow while eating dinner. We laughed at our own crazy experiences and for the first time, I felt that I belong somewhere. I never felt that I am an outsider in this circle. They made me feel that I belong and I was never gone for a long time.

After an hour of eating and chatting with each other, Mew raised his hand and did a hand gesture for the bill. The waiter who saw him immediately went away to get our bill. It didn't take long and it arrived in just a few minutes. Mew, who is sitting beside me, took the receipt and reviewed it and my eyes almost popped out of its case when I saw that we have to pay five thousand bhat for our dinner!

I immediately checked my wallet and saw that I only have a few hundreds and all that's left is the black credit card of my dad. He will surely know that I spent a lot but I don't want them to think that I am a freeloader in this group.

I heaved a sigh before pulling the card out and Mew immediately looked at me before gently pushing my hand down. He shook his head and softly smiled at me before he placed his own card.

"Mew let me at least pay-"

"This is on me." he softly said like a lullaby and something inside me turned. I can't figure out what that is but his voice sounded so calm.

"Are you-"

"Let him pay Gulf. He's working." Sinee said and my forehead creased because of confusion. He is working?

"You are?" I asked Mew and he chuckled before nodding his head. "I didn't know that."

"Hmm?" he said, taunting me before giving the card to the waiter.

He never said about anything after paying the bill. My mind was diverted into another topic when Zee spoke and opened about our plans for the weekend. He said he wants to go in a weekend getaway with us. Mew agreed and looked at me- asking me if I can come with them.

"Don't you dare say no Gulf. You have to come with us!" Bright said and I laughed before nodding at him. "Nice! Zee and I will find a place. I'll tell you when and where."