Chapter 2

Rachel's Thoughts

Boy's Thoughts and telepathic dialogue

"dialogue between characters"

Dean POV

I grabbed another refill of my whiskey from the waiter. I nodded my head to him in thanks and continued to half listen to my business associate Mr. Burns next to me drown on about his business. He was a short pudgy man with a balding head and pale skin. He was wearing a brown suit that was fitted and a young assistant stood behind him to the right waiting to feed him information if his boss forgot a figure or point, he was trying to discuss with me. I nod my head pretending to listen to this, knowing full well that we are just going to buy the company from him to expand our markets. We might keep people like his assistant that seems knowledgeable, but Mr. Burns can go into early retirement for all I care. As I look around the room I feel the other two's boredom as well.

Caspian was standing to the side next to the bar with a group of men from Mr. Burns' company trying to gather information on the best employees. He was in a gray suit that contrasted most of the men's black or brown suits in the room. He was nodding and making jokes although you could tell none of his smiles reached his blue eyes.

Then I look on the complete opposite side of the lobby and see Theo in his black suit, like mine, surrounded by women. They were fawning all over him as he smiled politely and got the waiter to refill their drinks. They were the wives of the men in the room or their secretaries. This was our usual plan of attack when it came to these functions. Theo was to charm the women so Cas and I could gain intel from the men. Most of the time men came running up to tell us information. Mr. Burns' technology company was profitable and could be of use to us as a way to diversify our companies holdings.

Anyone else bored out of their mind? ­ Theo asked in the mind-link with us. I hate having to always take care of the women. Can't we switch at some point guys?

No. You do such a good job with it. Snickered Caspian. He winked at Theo from across the room. I shook my head at them. Besides the men over here are spilling all of the dirt and I've got Garrett taking notes in the car. This should be an easy transition and then we can go back home to Canada.

I can't wait to go home. Dean how did you find this company in the middle of the US? It's not even that big of a city. Theo complained.

Theo stop complaining. You agreed to this plan and does it really matter that I picked St. Louis to do business with? The more we have our company spread out the less we have to be present. I rolled my eyes as I scold Theo. I hear Cas giggling from the side of the room and the men around him nervously laugh. Idiots all of them.

As I go back to listening to Mr. Burns drone on-and-on I smell the most amazing scent I have ever come across. Lavender and Cherry Blossom fill the room as I look around for the culprit. I notice a group of ladies sneer at a woman walking through the party who obviously was lost. She was in dark jeans that hugged her athletically slim legs and ass and a royal blue blouse that complemented her fair skin that was almost the shade of porcelain. She had rosy cheeks and brown hair with a tint of red in it that looked thick and fell halfway down her back. She brushed past the women and walked towards the elevators. Her scent was caressing me and I knew she was my mate. She had to be.

Do you smell that? Caspian whispered in wonder through the link.

Yes. Theo and I both breathed. My breathing hitched when I realized she was heading towards the elevators quickly.

Stop her now!! I frantically send to our security. They move quickly and make a wall in her path.

She pulled up abruptly but cocked her head at them. Strange. What is she doing? Most people coward in their presence. They don't know they are wolves, but their aura always gave them an upper hand in these types of situations. Yet she was looking at them like they shouldn't be there. I heard her trying to sweet talk them into forgiving her and letting her through to the elevators. James's eyes light up at that voice and sultry pout she gave them and I feel fire run through my blood. I'll kill him for looking at her like that! I internally shout to myself. Growls come from Cas and Theo.

DON'T YOU DARE LOOK AT HER LIKE THAT EVER AGAIN JAMES!! IS THAT UNDERSTOOD?? I scream at my security through the link. Both men pale at my outburst and nod their heads.

She looks over her shoulder towards a group of women. As she notices their smug stares she smirks and shakes her head. Almost as if signaling that they are too stupid to understand the situation. The women quickly look confused and embarrassed. I see her triumphally look back at the guards. I hear her ask to leave yet again.

BOYS SHE DOESN'T LEAVE UNLESS I SAY!! I scream at my security through the link. Yes Sir. They immediately respond. She seems to notice them stiffen and nod to me. As they look at me to try to make sense of my words, she follows their gaze and my breath leaves my lungs.

Those hazel eyes trail up my body as she curiously looks at me. She blushes more and I notice her turn all the way around to fully look at me. I see her breathe quickly and watch her chest rise and fall. God she was beautiful. She was curvy but seemed athletic in her build. I feel the mate bond pulsing between us. Then she takes a small step in my direction and all reason leaves my mind.

I rush towards her passing guest giving me questionable looks. As I near her I see her eyes dilate in surprise and her lips part into an O shape. I can't help it my mind is screaming Mate, Mate, Mate to me again and again. As I reach her, I wrap my arms around her waist and lift her up in a bear hug and inhale her sweet lavender and cherry blossom scent. She immediate wraps her hands around my neck and shoulders to steady herself in my hold. I feel her heartbeat pounding in her chest that is pressed firmly against my own. Her fingers tangle in my hair and she quickly relaxes in my hold.

Set her down. You're making a scene. Theo scolds me

What the hell?? Why do you get to hold her? Cas whines

Reluctantly I listen to Theo and set her back on her feet a few inches from me and withdraw my hands. I look into her shining green brown hazel eyes and take in her breath-taking smile. I want to grab her again but I reframe as I see most of the room is watching.

"Hello, what's your name beautiful?" I say to her quietly.