Chapter 34

Rachel's Thoughts

Boy's Thoughts and telepathic dialogue

"dialogue between characters"

Dean POV

I walk over to her Dad and ask him, "Hey Lou can I talk to you real quick?" He looks up at me and nods. He follows me out to the side of the room where a hallway is that leads to elevators. I push the button and we go inside. I press the top floor and lead him to our office.

Once inside I nervously walk to my desk and pull out a small box from a drawer and slide it in my pocket. "Lou, I know my relationship with Rachel has been very quick and may even seem crazy, but I wanted to talk to you about that." I say as I turn back to him. He sat in one of the plush chairs we had and was waiting for me to continue.

I sit across from him, "I love your daughter more than I could ever express to you. She means everything to me, and I want to give her the world. I would do anything to make her happy and I know that she loves me too." I say and take a big breath.

Why was I so nervous? This shouldn't be this hard. I think as my heart is beating out of my chest and my hands are now sweaty. He sits there quietly, and I am getting more and more self-conscious, which was not a normal emotion for me.

"Lou, I asked you up here to ask for your blessing. I would like to ask Rachel to marry me. We don't have to get married right away, but I do want to propose to her around her birthday next month. I am planning her birthday party at the house and would want her family to be there." I say to him. He just sits there. No expression or emotion and I don't know if I just fucked up or if he is going to be happy.

"What do you think her answer will be?" He asks me. I raise my eyebrow in shock, that was not what I was thinking his response would be.

"I believe she would say yes. I know we have talked about it and her reservations are more about you and her family judging her for getting engaged so quickly, but she has said she would say yes and marry me." I tell him. He nods and takes in the information.

This man was killing me. I had no clue what I should say to make him say yes. In a board room a man like this would be a fucking shark.

"Well then, how could I say no? I like you Dean. I know you will provide for her and I can tell you care for her deeply and she cares for you. I just want her to be happy." He tells me.

I sigh in relief. I pull out the ring box and show him the ring I picked out this week for her. It was a big emerald cut diamond with two rectangle diamonds on either side framing it. She would love it.

He smiled at it and handed it back. "So how are you going to propose? I assume she is living with you at this point." He asks me.

"Yes, she is living with me. I bought the house for her. I had her decorate it and everything is for her. I was planning on throwing a twenty-fifth birthday party for her in our back yard and inviting our friends, her friends, and her family. I was going to propose after we sing Happy Birthday to her." I tell him. He smiles at that and seems to like the idea.

"Do you have an idea of when you would get married?" He asks me.

"I would love to get married before the end of the year. I know it is hard with her work schedule though. We will have a wedding planner so most of it will be her telling them what she wants and they will handle it." I explain to him. "But, we can do it where or whenever she wants." I add.

"Even at Disney?" He asks me. I laugh. We had talked about where and what she wanted for a wedding if she could have anything and having one at Disney had always been a dream for her. She wanted the wedding by the castle but it was expensive to have it there, not to mention getting her massive family there. Watching her eyes light up when she talked about it though, showed how much she wanted that magical fairytale wedding.