Chapter 17

Rachel's Thoughts

Boy's Thoughts and telepathic dialogue

"dialogue between characters"

Dean POV

"So, you see my client needs another million if this deal is going to be finalized." Mr. Burn's lawyer is telling me and Theo from across the board room table. I lean back in my seat and cross my leg over my knee. I glance over at Theo and he is just as relaxed as me at hearing this news.

"Well we knew this was coming." Theo tells the lawyer. "Your client has one choice to make really. They can take our original more-than-generous offer, or we can buy another local company and completely steal all your business. People we were introduced to the other night that were very interested in working with us and our vast resources." He looks down at his hand disinterested in the conversation.

I want to get back to my mate, lets hurry this up. I send

"It's simple boys. You have 30 seconds to decide what you want to do." I chime in and look at my watch.

The lawyer and Mr. Burns huddle their heads together and are talking frantically. I continue to watch my watch. Theo smirks at me.

I miss her too. What do you think Cas is doing with her? Theo links

I hope he is letting her sleep like we asked him. We need to grab breakfast on the way back. Oh, times almost up I reply

"Well, times up. What is your answer?" I ask them.

"Mr. Burns agrees to the original offer." His lawyer says irritated.

"Great!" Theo claps his hands together, "Garret please hand Mr. Burns the original contract we drew up. Thank you. Please sign that and we will be heading out. We have some very important business we need to take care off. Have a good day gentlemen." Theo stands and reaches over to shake their hands. He quickly heads towards the door. I follow suit as we head to the elevator.

"Couldn't wait a minute longer could you?" I tease him.

"No, and you know you couldn't either. I want to check her marks when I get back." His words were like ice water being thrown on my body. I remember my marking of her. My wolf took over and I immediately felt the pain through our bond, but my wolf wouldn't let go of her. I had felt terrible after and she immediately tried to make me feel better. She was so caring and gentle with us.

Theo places a hand on my shoulder, "She is ok. We would know if she was in pain. The marks are healing, I just want to check on it." He reassures me.

We walk out and head into the SUV. James and Oliver open the doors for us. We slide in and I inform them to stop and grab breakfast on our way back to Rachel's apartment. They do so and we are quickly back at her place.

We get out and carry the food into the kitchen. We leave it there going to get our mate so she can eat but we are only greeted by a naked Caspian laying in the bed and a room that smells like sex.

We both arch a brow at him. "What? You couldn't wait an hour to let her sleep and have breakfast before having sex with her?" I ask him irritated. She must be tired from last night and now a morning romp with him was sure to tire her out more.

The bathroom door opens and my beautiful mate walks out in a towel. She looks up at Theo and me and glares. What's that look for? I glance at Theo and he shrugs. She walks over to Caspian and lounges next to him as he snuggles closer to her. He is fawning under her touch.