Chapter 41

Rachel's Thoughts

Boy's Thoughts and telepathic dialogue

"dialogue between characters"

Rachel POV

I walk away feeling like I am on cloud nine. I head back to the kitchen to get more coffee and was shocked to see Jason sitting at the kitchen bar talking to Maria. He turns as soon as I walk in and gives me a small shy smile.

"Hi." He says awkwardly. I blush knowing he and everyone in the house know what just happened. He had a cup of coffee and an omelet in front of him. I take the seat next to him and grab the cup Maria had just made me.

"Hi." I say back. He smiles at me and I can tell he is trying to think of something to say, the problem was I had nothing to say that wouldn't contribute to the awkwardness between us.

"Would you like some?" He asks me and gestures towards his food.

"Sure." I say and he cuts off a bite and holds it up to my mouth. I eat it and of course it tasted amazing. Maria was the best cook in the world. He grins at me. I smile back and we both start laughing.

"What would you like to do today kitten?" He asks me. I chew the inside of my cheek as I try to think of what I would like to do. Finally, I shrug my shoulders in defeat and he rolls his eyes.

"Come on. Let's keep it simple. Let's go watch a movie after we eat." He tells me and I nod. He continues to alternate between feeding himself and feeding me. Maria watches us with interest but doesn't say a word. After we finish she grabs the plate and begins to wash it. I finish my cup of coffee and look at him.

I stand and he follows me to the private living room. I grab a remote and throw myself on the couch. I lay down and he sits down next to my head. As I start flipping through the movies, he lifts me up by the shoulders and places my head in his lap.

"What do you want to watch?" I ask him as I turn my head to look at him. He looks down at me with his grey eyes and they reminded me of the Moon Goddess's.

"How about one of the documentaries?" He suggests looking at the options on Disney plus. I nod and flip through them. We decide on the Imagineering story.

After one or two episodes I am fully engrossed in the show I didn't even pay attention to Jason playing with my hair or running his hand up and down my arm until he says. "You're so beautiful. You know that?" He tells me. I blush and shake my head no. "Seriously?" He asks me dumbfounded.

I pull out of his hold and sit up next to him. "Seriously. I mean I know you guys are designed to think I am beautiful that's how the mate bond works." I tell him honestly. He squares his wide shoulders to face me completely and takes my hand in his.

"You are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. I truly mean every word, mate bond or not." He tells me. His hand reaches up to brush his fingers along my red cheeks.

"Thank you." I mumble embarrassingly. He grins and turns back to the show. I watch him for a couple of minutes and finally I start watching the show again too. After another two episodes my team walks in.

"Hey girls." I say as they take seats around us. "What's up?" I ask them.

They all look at Jason and then at me but don't say a word about him being here. "We wanted to see if you wanted to go shopping with us." They tell me. I hadn't had time to talk to them since everything that happened yesterday, and I knew they wanted to know and discuss it with me. Truly I wanted to talk to them about everything, but I had no idea what I even felt yet.