Chapter 40

Rachel's Thoughts

Boy's Thoughts and telepathic dialogue

"dialogue between characters"

Rachel POV

"The Moon Goddess?" Theo asks me incredulously. I nod my head. "What did she say?"

"She said that there is change coming. Rouges are rebelling and the council needs to change. I am here to help you with both. Jason is here to protect me. All of our mate bonds are different. Ours is stronger than normal and unconditional, but we knew that didn't we." I smile at my mates. I then turn to Jason. "Our bond is different than anything else." He smiles brightly.

"She told you." He says and I nod.

"We need to talk." I tell him. He nods at me.

"What is your bond like?" Dean asks me curiously.

"It can be whatever she wants it to be." Jason answers for me.

"That doesn't make sense. Mates are drawn to each other. They have to be with each other." Cas says shaking his head and crossing his arms.

"Ours doesn't. Jason will always be there to protect me. He feels the mate pull. I won't unless I want to. It won't hurt him if I don't want to be in a romantic relationship. The bond is enough for him supposedly." I explain. "She did this for my protection." I add. They look between us. They seem ok with that explanation.

"Can I please talk to Jason? I will see you upstairs in a few minutes." I ask them. They nod and leave the room. I look at Jason. His golden hair shines in the sunlight. His grey eyes were startling to stare into.

"Why?" I ask him. He looks at me confused. He cocks his head to the side.

"Why what?" He asks me.

"Why did you agree to this?" I ask him. I was desperate to understand and I had no idea why anyone would agree to this arrangement.

"Because I loved you before I met you. I knew I was born with a great love, that was confirmed when She came to me as a child. I know that you may never love me in the same way, but I will always love you and protect you. I was born to do that. It will not hurt me to watch you with them, so please kitten don't feel guilty about that. I want you happy. I would love to be your best friend if you let me. I would love to be more than that, but I will never pressure you into that." He tells me.

I reach out and touch his cheek. His skin was so soft under my fingertips. It was warm. His eyes close and I know he can feel the sparks where our skin is touching.

"Can I hug you?" I ask him. He laughs and shakes his head yes. He stands and holds a hand out for me. I grab it and he pulls me to my feet. I take in his height. He was a full head taller than me. He opens his arms and I walk into his chest. He wraps his arms around my shoulders and I wrap mine around his waist. He lays his head on top of mine and I close my eyes.

"I don't know what I want to do. Can we just start by being friends?" I ask him.

"Of course. You can always come to me with anything. I am your warrior." He tells me and I knew his words were true.

"Thank you." I tell him my words muffled by his chest.

"You never have to thank me kitten. Why don't I leave and let you talk to your mates. I can come over tomorrow if you want me too." He suggests. I pull back and look at his face. I nod and he smiles before pulling me into another hug. After a few minutes he lets go and steps back. "I will see you tomorrow." He says before turning and leaving.