I Love You~16

-
Tell me, baby
-

Rin inhaled the last bites of her waffles, and her eyes fell to Jaemin, who watched her with a thin smile- proud of his own cooking

Chenle's eyes lingered on the pair, then shifted small pile of work that needed doing. Heaving a heavy sigh, his eyes flickered between the two, and his brain was telling him work was more important- he didn't need her, she was getting in the way- yet his heart told a different story.

His mind was a literal battle field, and his values and schedule fought against the pesky soulmate bond that forced him to look her way. Closing his eyes momentarily, he tried to center himself, and force himself to get back to work and just ignore the strangely alluring sight of his soulmate.

"I can't get anything done here," He huffed, and a small smile crept onto Jeno's lips, who still sat beside him.

Chenle leaned forward and grabbed his papers, and stood languidly as he confirmed that he had gathered all of his papers. Jeno's grin fell, but he said nothing, and just watched Chenle try to, as Jeno would call it, run away from his feelings.

A sharp pain suddenly jolted through the two soulmates, almost as if a fire-poker had been driven through their hearts and left to burn. Rin's fork clattered to the floor, and Chenle stumbled to a halt, subconsciously run a hand over his chest- finding no injuries. His papers flew to the ground, and for once, he barely thought of the forms as they began to surround him.

Rin practically fell off of her chair, and staggered in place whilst the world spun around the two of them, which made Jaemin flash her a concerned look. Jaemin's eyes widened as he realized what it was, and Chenle's eyes flicked towards the pair once more- a sudden urge to touch his soulmate nearly overwhelming him.

"You two almost died- sometimes there are after-effects," He explained, and Rin- her face contorted in pain- glared up at him with an anguished expression.

Jaemin hastily sped around the counter, and placed an arm around Ji's shoulder- promptly guiding her towards the strangely frozen Chenle.

"Chenle, get your ass over here!" Jaemin ordered, and Chenle was stuck in place, glued to the floor.

He watched the two, not even daring to move as pain rived through his chest, but he didn't want to stop it, yet he did. His body wanted to touch her, kiss her, hold her hand- anything, but his mind denied it all. He was nervous, possibly even scared, and he had no idea what to do with such a feeling, which resulted in his immobile state.

He didn't want to in fear of something, yet he couldn't distinguish what of, and his eyes remained unmoving as they followed the girl. He scolded himself repetitively for feeling such a petty emotion, and he attempted constantly just to take a single step- sprint away in a chaotic flurry if he had to. Just, move.

Jaemin dumped her in front of him, and his eyes fell to Rin immediately, yet her anguished eyes hesitated before meeting his. There was a tension, a tension of reluctance between the two, and it was so thick that the air weighed on the two's shoulders like a mountain.

"Now, touch," Jaemin commanded, yet his words sounded distant to the pair.

Both of their indicts instructed them to make contact, any contact, yet both minds were rejecting such an action for strangely similar reasons.

Rin was scared of what he might to if she touched him, and wondered if the affliction was worth the pain, whilst Chenle's mind races with his needs, but they were cut short by his brain's restrictions. Chenle had lost the ability to understand his emotions and would rather shove them away then deal with them, but they seemed rather insistent at the moment, which meant his walls were beginning to crumble.

Their eyes remained gazing into each others' for a moment too long, and a vigorous gulp made Chenle's Adam apple bob up and and down in a stressed manner.

Ji's eyes were lonely and concerned yet filled with pain as distance anguished her body, and he wanted take that away, he really did. But Chenle didn't want to fall, and he couldn't accept the immediate feelings that overwhelmed his heart as a part of his reality.

The emotion that squeezed his heart in yearning as he gazed upon her was possibly the most terrifying thing he's ever felt, and he didn't know what to do, but he hated it- he hated being scared. He wasn't a little kid anymore, no, he was a murderer, a crook, the villain of the story, which meant he wasn't supposed to be afraid, or even experiencing, such petty and absurd emotions.

Inhaling a shaky breath, the boy took an uncertain step backwards, and every single inch he moved from her lacerated his heart into itty bits, but he didn't care- couldn't. Unimportant, that's what the pain was, unimportant.

His work was important, and it couldn't hurt him; it only made things better for him and worse for those around him. What he needed to do was work, work, work, not dwell in unnecessary sensations that swamped his entire being.

He turned from her, and her breath hitched her throat- betrayal crushing her heart in her ribcage. In a flurry of indistinguishable emotions that burbled one her throat and constricted her chest, her hand shot forward, and defiantly caught Chenle's wrist.

The boy froze at the sudden contact, and his eyes widened a fraction as she held on, utterly shocked by her own movements. She had never been a bold one, yet she had so valiantly interfered Chenle's get-away plan, which slightly panicked the both of them- not that Chenle showed it.

Before she even knew what she was doing, her mouth fell open, and she sucked in a subconscious, yet meaningful sentence.

"No," She whispered, vulnerability leaking from her tone.