Here I Am!

I nearly jump out of the plane and look around.

Smoggy air? Check.

Blistering hot heat? Check.

Distant roar of a Metro City? Check.

We really are in India , baby!

I hurriedly descent the stairs , almost knocking out an overweight middle aged woman , who  gave me a stink eye. 

I rush to the luggage retrieving area , and quickly drag my suitcase to the Exit. 

Four years in London can't make you forget how India is. It's full of life , diversity , people ( second largest population , duh) and  energy. Even the airport is in hustle bustle , and since London to New Delhi is somewhat a popular , I am literally just pushed by the passengers behind me. 

Finally stopping at a corner , I crane my neck to find my family.

They should be here. I admit that we've been in regular contact even when I went to London ( weekly ten minute Skype sessions and monthly two hours) and Mom and Dad have already visited me thrice in London , but I'm their pampered daughter!!

And I terribly , terribly miss them.

Even that idiot Sam. (aka my younger sister Samaira) 

I can't help but feel overwhelmed by the feeling of standing on my mother land again. Patriotism , maybe?

Mere desh jaise kisi mein baat nahi. ( There's no country like mine)

" Mira di!!" 

A loud voice calls out from the crowd. I can recognize this voice anywhere.

" Sam!!" I exclaim , turning towards the onward rushing girl. She flung herself at me , and I almost fell from the impact of the collision.

" Sam , how are you...?" I say , as we part. 

" Exactly how you left me four years ago." Sam retorts proudly. 

Actually , she's seven years younger than me , just seventeen a month ago. So I really wouldn't say that ( Puberty...!!) I give her a once over. Definitely tall from the last time , quite lithe , hair cropped till the shoulders , light brown shorts and a simple black tee.  

" Mira beta!"  

I turn to be engulfed by Dad.

My Dad's in his early fifties , but surprisingly fit ( since he usually creates a fuss when Mom make him go out to jog or gym) I snuggle in  his embrace.

 " Missed you so much , beta...I swear the cricket matches don't seem like worth watching without you..."
I snorted , " Is this why you came last year to London? To seen me or the World Cup?"

Out of the three times my father came to London , the last one was suspiciously at the same time as the World Cup , and there was not a single match my Dad hadn't witnessed.. Needless to say , this matter is very fishy.

 Dad scratched the back of his neck , " What can I say , you and cricket are my first loves!!"
Sam and I laugh.

" What about me , Behl Sahab( sir)?"

Mom says jokingly , and stands next to me. I almost want to squeal, and I hug her tightly.

" They are just my first loves , darling! You're the love of my life!!" Dad retorts.