Always and forever , Mira Behl

( Lara Jean , anyone?)

Mira POV 

I poured the kheer into glass cups , and decorated them with pistacchios and almonds carefully. I might not be a neat freak , but my inner corporate woman , and me , myself , are both perfectionists. 

I look proudly at the them , and take the fourth empty bowl to fill in. Someone enters the humongous kitchen , and I don't have to turn and see that it's Viyaan. 

" Is that kheer I smell?" he peered  over my shoulder , and I took a spoonful of kheer , turning for him to take a bite

" Is that kheer I smell?" he peered  over my shoulder , and I took a spoonful of kheer , turning for him to take a bite. I need some input. And Viyaan is unusually honest. '

He swallowed the kheer , his face not betraying a sliver of emotion. Now I feel like some participant in Master Chef India ( or Britain) , anticipating the criticism that is about to come out of his mouth. 

" It's delicious , " he nodded ,  keeping both his hands on the counter , so I am caged between them . I feel overly conscious of our closeness , looking up at him. Is he really  trying to be the glorious husband in the one place people barge into without much thought? 

" Viyaan," I reminded him , putting my hand on his chest , ready to shove him away. I 've had this once. But this time there is no Sam around. 

He gripped my side and turned me around , and I could feel his breathe on my exposed back. Damn you ,  blouse !!

" Your um , knot is untied ," Viyaan said  in a low voice. My eyes widened . Him being too much close is another thing , but how my heart starts racing  and their is a onslaught of butterflies in my stomach is intensening , as his hands lightly tied a neat knot on the back strings of the damned blouse . I shivered where his knuckles touched my skin. 

" There." he whispered , and I gripped the counter , begging my knees on not to give up. 

" Mira , beta -" we both tear our gazes and look at Biji who looked over the moon, " Mere vikhara na karo!" She told us , " Jarri rakho!!" ( Don't mind me. Continue)

I blushed as red as my chudas , and Viyaan gave a small laugh.

Regardless , everyone loved the kheer , I made. Of course they did . My secret ingredient was the abundant love for my new family ( sans Husband) and some Gulab jal . Viyaan ate three cups , which I later learned , was due to  kheer being the only sweet he really liked  and enjoyed. 

Anyway , after breakfast , I was taken by  Biji and Ma to the garden to chat. I  can't believe I am going to a new house tomorrow , away from these loving in laws. I am regretting those three conditions more than ever. Now that I think about the past , it makes me laugh , a little. It was so different , I was different , and so was Viyaan. I am still me , but not like I was before. 

I certainly don't feel like flinging a flower pot at Viyaan , and nor does he wear his usual arrogance- or maybe , some part of me suggests , he never did.