Here I come!!

I promptly go downstairs , since I really am hungry. But, then again , I am always hungry.

I find Sam and Dad sitting on the dining table , busy on their phones ( these generations , I tell you!) and Mom fussing about in the kitchen , Geeta Auntie , our residence's housekeeper since time immemorial , on her tow. 

Though Mom enjoys cooking different cuisines , needless to say , traditional Indian  food  is her favorite . 

She's usually a very committed and dependable cook , but off and on  , she tries to make some fusion food , which can be hazardous to humans ( and street dogs , too.)

Dal makhani pasta and chocolate momos still give me nightmares...

I shudder at the memory , and quietly inquire the menu from Geeta Auntie. 

She gives me a huge grin and says , " Paneer Butter Masala and Naan!! With chiz cake!"

I chuckle , " Chiz cake?"

" Cheese cake , Mira." Mom says , pulling something out of oven.  I peep into the tray and my grin becomes larger.

Naan. Garlic Naan. Yum.

" God , you're the best , Mom!" I embrace her tightly

" Don't try to butter me up." Mom rolls her eyes , but I know she is elated.  

She places the naans on the plate , and we both settle on the table with Dad and Sam. My family is a certified foodie , so we all start eating without further ado. 

" Svetlana ," Dad moans after taking the first bite, " you've done an incredible job , darling!"

Mom looks at him , skeptically.

" If it is so , " Mom retorts , " Then can I buy that diamond ring I saw yesterday?"

Dad chokes on his food , and Sam passes him a glass of water. I bit my lip from laughing out loud and rub his back. Poor man.

My Mom's so good at this.

" Sure , sure, darling." Dad wheezes out.

Rest of the dinner is just me and Sam exchanging smiles and occasionally chuckling. I'm sure Dad 's head is still dizzy from the shock. 

Once we finished our main course , Mom took out the cheesecake from the fridge and placed it in front of us.